Very little SR for wins?

SO after doing terribly on placements, and placing 1953, I’ve won 3 in a row and am at 2015. Are wins only really worth 20 SR? Have a strange feeling, if I lose one game im losing close to 30…

1 Like

You’re probably underperforming on your heroes (compared to others on oyur rank) despite the wins, PBSR does this.

2 Likes

Exactly, especially because there are so many games I lose where I do really good but, I don’t think I ever have a loss where it takes less than 25+ its almost to the point of needing 2 wins to make up for one loss, and that is terrible.

You’re under performing somehow. I tend to get more for wins than I do for losses (and that’s without having all the gold medals).

PBSR
I don’t believe in it
Had 52 Elims, less than 10 deaths, 16,xxx healing and a personal best of 4,9xx healing with coalescence and only got 25 SR for the victory

What the heck does this game expect to get more?

1 Like

I get about 20 SR per win in Bronze.

Jayne says it’s about +10 SR per hour, if you’re just looking to rank up.

1 Like

There is more to it than elims, deaths, and healing. Also, 16K healing is pretty average for Moira TBH. I’ve only played Moira a couple of times and my average is 18K. With 25SR you got +1. It would reduce the amount of SR you loss by 1 as well. PBSR helped me personally quite a bit when I was low plat. I would go 6 wins and 7 loss, and be up a few SR. Then the next day get my wins in so I wasn’t held lower with lesser team mates.

10 deaths is pretty terrible. Die less and you will get more SR

My average deaths is 5.62
That’s top 91% with 50% being around 7.5 deaths on average
Tell me another one

The PBSR is during a specific game against people at your SR. If you got 25, you did slightly better than average. I’ve said it before, Moira is a hero that can trick you into thinking you did well. I can’t count how many times I have out healed a Moira as Brig, even had 22K healing games with her. The number of times I see her ult used at the wrong time in the wrong situation.

PBSR means you have to consistently do well in order to get a lot of sr. You cant just play one game and expect top 500. I can guarantee you its a thing, because back when I used to smurf, I would gain about 40 on a win and lose about 10 on a loss.

There’s more to it than just PBSR. The amount you win or lose is also determined by the predicted probability of your team winnning. If you were expected to win easily but lose then you will lose more SR. The opposite is also true. So if you were expected to win and you also underperformed then your SR gains can be small.

However the win probability is mostly close to 50% and when it’s not it’s random whether you are the favourites or under dogs. So if you consistently have small gains and large losses then it’s very likely down to your individual performance.

Idk, went 38-3 not insane but certainly not terrible on Eichenwald, considering we didn’t let them get out of first point, and still only get 20 SR. This whole system just sucks, Has no problem taking close to 30 if you lose but if you win, and dont go off, you lucky to get 20…God forbid you have an off game in Overwatch…

IDK, I’ve never lost more than 26 for a loss. Maybe they just hate you.

I was able to climb from gold to plat (actually dropped to 1900 at some point this season) with 67% winrate on Symmetra and close to that (probably like 65% on Dva).

So I guess if you win, you just climb :slight_smile: Slowly, but you can do it!

Wait, isnt PBSR only for Diamond and up?

It’s disabled in diamond+
Plat and below has PBSR c:

1 Like