Vertical Payload map

This game needs one. All our current Payload maps(as well as pretty much all the maps) are horizontally designed. A vertical Payload map would add some dynamic to the game and (if players like it) open up a lot of new map design possibilities.
If you need help designing one, just take one from TF2. You’ve already taken basically everything else lol.

I feel like maps could use more interactive stuff in genral. All “special” things are all limited to one map I’d like to see more jump pads, shotable ground like on Petra, low gravity areas and more not platform movables like on Mekabasis.

2 Likes

As long that verical doesn’t equal to payload on the wall I would love to see this.

Most maps overall require the attackers to go down in order to reach the point rather than going up. I would love testing some maps where the objectives are lifted.

Where you one of those people that looked at Zero Hour and were like “omg they stole MvM!!!”?

2 Likes

Like an elevator?

There are several problems with it tho.

Lets say it’s Space Lift map you start at bottom and have to deliver some supplies to station above.
You need to incorporate stairs ladders or other things for heroes without vertical mobility to get to the point. If you do too little of them they become “chokepoint - the map”. If you make them too much you get Paris point B. So you need incorporate several paths to lift that converge in one spot to have choke point for defenders to have chances of defending. Speaking of…

Spawn Points. Attackers will need to start on bottom floor. So they have quick access to payload. Defenders will need to have spawn above so they have better chances of defending closer it gets to checkpoint.

That how this maps are desinged. Now we have Defenders who can just drop to a point and have perpetual highground.

Vertical map could work but more as KotH map than payload.

Overwatch needs more plr_hightower.

I want a river payload map where the payload is a boat, and between points the payload crashes down a waterfall.

1 Like