Verizon, FIOS issues in NJ area

I can’t connect to servers. I can connect to every other game but OW. SC1 SC2 and heartstone works fine. Just OW does not work.

3 Likes

Getting ‘Lost Connection to Game Server’ when trying to log in. North America Region Server access. Location NE USA, Verizon is the ISP. All other Blizzard games are accessible.

1 Like

Same here. Verizon Fios - NY/NJ area

Hey there friends,

I moved us over to a new thread as it looks like there is a spike in connection problems from Verizon and Fios connection in your area. For now, I would ask you hold tight while this is looked at.

Thanks for letting us know!

/Nathardrick

Update on this, we did some digging into this and it doesn’t seem to be happening throughout New Jersey, or even a large impacting issue across all of Verizon Fios in your state. Most players in your area are not seeing any problems at all, and we don’t see a single core problem between those of you in this thread other than the common “can’t connect sometimes” problem.

With that in mind, let’s try a test here. When the problem happens, does installing a VPN and running on the VPN (or using your phone as a mobile hotspot) work around the issue? Some of your fellow players report success. We don’t consider this a fix, but it may help you work around the problem while we all try to figure out what’s going on.

However, to set correct expectations, without the ability to find the cause with our tests due to how Verizon Fios works, and because this isn’t a mass ISP-wide issue, we may be extremely limited in how much we can help. I still recommend contacting your ISP to report the problem.

Can you guys please dig further?

When I tried connecting at 11:00 PM Nov. 17 (after an hour or two break), I could not connect to the US servers or European servers. Strangely enough I could connect to the Asia server.

At around 11:45 or so, the connection resumed. Of course I was queued for Comp at that moment, and so I have a 50 SR loss.

No problem. Except at 12:35 or so (give or take 5 minutes), the server connection died again. This time I cannot connect to any of the servers.

My general internet connection is not an issue, as I can watch streams or post this.

WinMTR stats:
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |

Host - % Sent Recv Best Avrg Wrst Last
192.168.86.1 - 0 57 57 0 0 1 0
192.168.1.1 - 0 57 57 0 0 2 0
24.105.30.129 - 0 57 57 1 3 19 1
________________________________________________ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______

Edit: If there’s a port that the game usually connects to, I can do a more in-depth test.

Verizon is at it again. Same thing as the other day.

Getting ‘Lost Connection to Game Server’ when trying to log in. North America Region Server access. Location NE USA, Verizon is the ISP. All other Blizzard games are accessible.

2 Likes

This is happening again. Another disconnect from the NA servers and now a 3 hour ban. The ban I see because I can log into the Asia server.

My connection has been rock-stable for the past year.

This literally just happened to you right now, right?

happening again to me as well

yes, jut now , its getting old

I’ve been trying to log in since last night and it’s the same issue. “Lost connection to server” but my internet is fine and I can run any other game or app just fine. This is only happening with Overwatch. And, yes, I am in New Jersey…

2 Likes

This is happening to me RIGHT NOW. I’m on FIOS and I can’t connect, was literally playing perfectly fine, and then I got disconnected. My friend who is playing from Texas has no problems and is also on fios, I’m assuming it’s something regionally here.

1 Like

This is happening with me as well, Verizon FiOS NJ. My neighbor across the street has the same exact issue. I CAN connect to EU servers no problem however.

Edit: Fios user in NYC is not having an issue

1 Like

Sounds like it’s definitely a FIOS thing cause that’s what I have as well. So weird that it’s ONLY affecting Overwatch specifically…

Literally same. Just now.

Same thing. Verizon FIOS in NJ, internet works fine except I can’t connect to Overwatch. Even other Blizzard games are connecting without issue.

1 Like

I have verizon fios in NJ and couldn’t connect to overwatch. it kept saying ‘Lost Connection to Game Server’. However, when i used my VPN and connected it to NYC I got into the game menu no problem. I don’t know what’s going on but this seems really off.

I just installed a VPN for the first time and now it works. But I don’t want to have to use a VPN! Doesn’t that slow it down? Anyway…fix it, Blizz!!!

Any recommendation on VPN?