Venture Feeback: Great start improvement needed

So playing in the Faceit overwatch tournament venture 1v1 so this is where my feedback comes from.

I love Venture they’re legit amazing however some initial feedback would be

1. Their falloff range needs to be increased. There’s no mid-range it feels like and you have to be super close for the engage which is fine but means no poke at all.

2. The burrow speed is jarring. I expected burrow to be like this high speed movement ability but it feels very slow and clunky.

3. Ult visuals seem to be lacking on the ground, that and it’s one shotting right now so I’m expecting tuning here.

The jump however is super fun. Lots of potential with the character but right now those 3 things seem to be the biggest issues.

edits after further playthrough

1. The ult needs some help in terms of survivability for the Venture player. They seem very killable. I played both tank and as venture and it was super easy to kill an ulting venture.

2. The burrow cycle definitely needs smoothing out. The burrow animation is clunky, movement is slow and then time to charge to erupt feels very clunky.

I am not promoting a damage increase but tweaks to speeds to make it seem fluid would be nice so it feels like a proper dive not

Dive. Pause. Burrow. Pause. Charge erupt. Pause.

I would love it to be more: dive, burrow, charge erupt. A bit like reapers wraith or moiras fade is instant. Even if we lower the duration of burrow to compensate.

Other then that venture feels absolutely great. I love them as a character but don’t think they are quite release ready in current form.

note I am not commenting on numbers here because its a given these are going to be tweaked before launch

3 Likes

100% burrow speed is way too slow, also is the melee something that activates for longer than an instant?

1 Like

Base melee is buffed. So it does a lot more damage. Will check when I get into the next match rn the lack of range on the hero is proving jarring.

I get they’re close range and that’s fine but a little bit of poke would be nice at the mid-range. Even Illari has that.

1 Like

it is clunky overall and strange. maybe people have to get use to it but yea… a very close range hero. i think they will die a lot if they dont burrow run away often

i dont think widow counter at all lol. i thought they would be but i just dont see it. maybe if longer range and super fast burrow

was wrong again… usually am

Oh deffo a learning curve stage.

This is just initial indications after a first tournament match and both me and the other player (Who’s t500 to my plat) said that Venture feels very clunky.

I’m deffo seeing possible Rein x Venture shatter shock combo

Yes. Their melee is pretty much drilling with their weapon, so it’s not an instant burst of damage, but seems to be 60 damage over around 0.5 seconds

1 Like

ugh, playing ffa, the amount of times ive died in the burrowinig animation, its waay too slow

See that I don’t mind, and that you have to charge the burst makes it skill, but underground I’d love to move a bit faster. It just feels slow

Only played them at the training range and one qp match (wasn’t able to play as them tho).

I feel they made them intentionally to be a short range hero with lack of poke similar to Reaper. If they’re not giving Venture more ways to treat every situation like mid-to-long range fights, then Bliz should double down of what makes them special.

I feel they’ll be similar towards Reaper as a brawling hero for brawl/dive comps and excels further in KOTH maps and Arena maps.

Lack of range is for sure a niche check for them; however, overall I’m super excited for Venture to be on the roster and I love their happy-go-lucky Labrador energy. <3

Venture feels like OW1 Doomfist, but without third ability for safe escape and longer CDs. Fun gameplay, but I am not sure about their viability in competitive.

If they’re trying to basically make them dps doom they need to lower the cds or reduce cds on elims.

Burrow takes too long to activate… killed a guy over and over, it’s really useless against hitscans… you’re dead before it activates!

DMG is pretty balanced as you gotta risk a lot to kill anything and hope to god you didn’t use your abilities to get in…

I’ve yet to get venture in qp… like they’re selected before I even load in :frowning:

Their ultimate doesn’t one shot but it does well at cleaning house in a large wave.

Their burrow speed is slow but what they don’t have there, they make up for it with their drill ability. Can’t have two fast moves like that for balance purposes.

The fall off range can stay IF they receive 300 HP. I feel like 275 HP would even suffice but 250 HP is just a bit too low for their close ranged purpose.

I would just make them 300 since they actually gotta get close to do anything…

1 Like

You can actually use the dash when underground and it gives a speed boost and a shorter cooldown.

1 Like

Meanwhile Sym exists lolol

2 Likes

venture is ez prey for sym.

Uh ok so let’s give that treatment to sym as well

No way, too oppressive, Brigitte can barely keep up with dive heroes anymore.

both me and the other player (Who’s t500 to my plat) said that Venture feels very clunky.

Oi no need to pull rank like that, it’s very obnoxious.

Do you really think Venture’s ult is good? I’ve played through some QP matches (open Q) and found that Venture’s ultimate feels kinda weak. Maybe everyone just needs to learn the timing still, but it doesn’t seem to be making a lot of impact.

How is it obnoxious? Please. It literally is nothing more than stating two players at opposite ends of the spectrum had similar opinions. I am plat and the other dude was top 500 and we both had the same opinion.