VC not working at all

Since october 16th update i cant hear people in vc or talk in vc

Hey, Frog! We’re not aware of any issues that should be causing voice chat not to work since the latest update. Checking for voice chat errors here, it looks like there’s been RTP (or Voice over IP) errors causing the issue.

Could you try an alternative connection or VPN if its available?

The latest errors could be related to some sound settings issues, could you try the following if the issue persists on another connection?

Sample Rates
  1. Right click on the Sound Icon on the Taskbar, then, click on Open Sound Settings .
  2. Under Related Settings , click on Sound Control Panel .
  3. Go to the Playback Tab, right click on the active device and click on Properties .
  4. Go to the Advanced Tab.
  5. Under Default Format , keep in mind what the bit depth and sample rates are. For most playback devices, it should be 16 bit, 48000Hz.
  6. Close the previous window and now check the Recording Tab’s properties (step 2 & 3). If the Recording device’s sample rate is different than the playback devices, make sure they match up. For most recording devices, it should be 2 channel, 16-bit, 48000Hz.
Disable other devices
  1. Right click on the Sound Icon, click on Sound (For newer versions of Windows, click on Open Sound Settings > Under Related Settings , click on “Sound Control Panel”).
  2. Go to the Playback Tab.
  3. For all unused devices, right click and Disable . To re-enable devices in the future, right click and select “Show Disabled Devices.”
  4. Do the step 3 for the Recording Tab.

I don’t understand how it could be a connection issue as I have been using the same connection since I bought the game and haven’t had any issues previously.

ISPs are constantly changing their routes, so they may have changed something affecting your connection now. Also, networking equipment can degrade over time, so it could be that, too.