🕊️ Valkyrie: Focus Beam Toggle

So here’s a simple change to Valkyrie people might like:

Valkyrie:

• Press Q to toggle between chain beams, and focus beams.
  • Focus healing beams have 80 heals per second, heal only one teammate, and the shorter basic beam length.
  • Focus boost beams have 40% damage boost, heal only one teammate, and the shorter basic beam length.
  • Options setting available for “Default to Focus Beam”.
11 Likes

Nanoboost on drugs.

/20char

1 Like

Yes, please.

Summary

Hello there.

Would anyone even use the chain beams? I’m assuming they’d stay at 50hps, yes? Any Mercy with proper prioritization would probably be able to heal better/get more value with the focus beam alone even if chain beam was removed entirely. Especially if I’m reading correctly and the focus beam does both healing and boost at the same time.

I’d take it either way, if they’re not gonna do anything else to improve Valk.

1 Like

No the focus beam wouldn’t do both at the same time, maybe I need to reword that.

Also shorter beam length, so you can’t be in the skybox using it.

1 Like

Would GA keep its extension though? As long as that’s possible and you can toggle back and forth between chain or focus for someone who’s taking the brunt of the damage, I feel like it would at least help Valk feel a bit more impactful when 50hps just isn’t cutting it. Being able to focus heal like a Reaper or Rein through their ult could at least give Mercy players the feeling of enabling a game-changing play again.

I don’t know if everyone would be satisfied with it, but imo it’d at least be a step in the right direction.

Let’s say yes, that the extended GA would still be in effect.

And if focus is too obvious of a choice, they could also shorten the beam to be even shorter than basic length. That way it’s more of a trade-off.

If this were a thing, I feel like 100 hps would be way too much. I feel like 80 would be better. 70 or 75 would be more feasible. I just think 100hps steady healing is overkill.

You might be right, mostly just tossing some ideas out. But obviously you’d expect the devs to test the numbers.

1 Like

“If if’s and but’s were candies and nuts” … in a perfect world they would thoroughly test builds so they didn’t have to nerf and tweak things as much as they do. But we know how that goes!

Something I consider is the difference between 60 HPS and 50 HPS with this most recent nerf. Or even the buff to Ana’s damage per shot. It seems like a small number but it makes a big difference in the bigger picture.

If the idea is to make Mercy balanced but overall considered fun and engaging by the people who play her (fun being subjective put aside) I think it sounds like a cool concept but that raw healing output with numbers that high might just make her a must pick again.

Well it’s a lot easier to change numbers on a feature that doesn’t exist yet :slight_smile:

Oooh
If it had really cool visuals and like faster ga speed to make up for a short duration
And like a different res animation ooohohohh
And like small graphics around the screen
And like super nice ambient sounds
AND GLOWING EYES

Give

1 Like

Trimmed it down to 80hps, so it’s more of a trade-off, but like said, whatever number makes sense. And it’s kind of a placeholder anyways.

2 Likes

The heal beams should come out of her eyes, actually.

True that. It’s fun to come up with ideas for heroes that aren’t just reverts or total reworks.

1 Like

lmfaoooOOoOOo YESSS
PSSSH WHO NEEDS A STAFF AMIRITE

1 Like

I like this idea! But my idea doesn’t seem all that bad either?

The difference is I’m trying to go for “stronger in some ways, but weaker in others”.

So that it’s a trade-off choice, instead of an upgrade.

Also, “slight design change” approaches like this are more likely to get put into the game and become a reality.

1 Like

Gotcha. Either way I like this idea!

1 Like