Using the Priority Pass and Intended Use

Hey Blizzard, did DotA2’s experience taught you nothig? You do realize that this “priority pass” is only going to make EVERYTHING worse, do you?
It isn’t even funny anymore how BAD your decisions are. Keep up doing good job KILLING YOUR OWN GAME.

9 Likes

The whole deal isn’t going to end well for the fact that “sabotage” is subjective. It is a blanket statement for "anything I dont like about the other person(s).

I agree that people don’t always like the way their team mates PLAY and are often CAUSTIC, Judgemental and use “MOB RULE”. This opens up a NEW “can of worms” if this is the way the company wants to run this.

I can say that there is a difference between “fun in games” type of play and COMPETITIVE play. Where players are EXPECTED to play in such a manner.

12am, drunk live stream, its fun, its crazy and gets a little out of hand! :beers:

But cracking down on people for not playing a certain way is an over-reach. To me, I dont really take this game much too serious anymore. ITS FUN, its nice to chill, relax and kick back. and with the amount of problems the servers and the network is. I really cant.

Then this happens…

Then some person with a “severe mental illness” goes off in chat on someone and starts SHOUTING “REPORT PLAYER X for GAMEPLAY SABOTAGE or THROWING”

…is what this gets us.

It rips the community apart at the seams and continues to dump the “gasoline” onto the Toxicity Fire that has been failed to extinguish over the years.

I dont use priority pass, just because I think it promotes “issues”. and I’ve played Blizzard games an awful long time (like many here). I dont think this really helps the community in a positive manner, because then EVERYONE will abuse the Sabotage report.

• I don’t like the way you emoted at me… - REPORT!
  • I dont like HAMMOND - REPORT!
  • I don’t like how SLOW or LONG it took for a person to select their Hero - REPORT!
  • I just dont like the person for their NAME - REPORT!

This is the kind of thing that taxes resources having a Sabotage report.

What makes this even MORE sketchy is the fact that the SERVERS already have an exponential amount of data on US players. The servers can predict us, before we even KNOW how we are going to play. Eitherway, to each… its own. :unamused:

4 Likes

Let’s clear this up:

Cut and dry to me. One could argue the feeding rule. I try to make an effort to confront the player directly first, if they refuse to cooperate or fail to group up, then I report. I also know that if this behavior is consistent across all the suspected player’s matches, they will be actioned appropriately.

14 Likes

1 for the win, 1 for two looses in a row

1 Like

Now if only Blizz would initiate bans for smurfing in very low ranks as gameplay sabotage as well. The abuse that bronze players suffer is borderline lawlessness in this game.

5 Likes

that is nice, may be fix 15 fps zenyatta on front page now? thx!
1 pass for the win, and 1 pass for loosing 2 games in a row, also pls, thx!

2 Likes

When you queue for “Flex,” you are essentially signing up for tank and will be assigned to be a tank which has the lowest population at all times.

Gotcha

Oh i don’t disagree here. BUT… Players typically IGNORE the Yellow statement often.

I will admit it. I am TERRIBLE at this game.

I use to be OKAY, but not great. Players see my NICE, SHINY Gold Portrait and scapegoat me a TON over every problem. Which is why I am concerned about this now being MORE emphasized by the staff. :no_mouth: .

I get players blaming me for their losses. Its like… um… im NOT good at this game… Somedays I barely function for hours and just want to play this game without JUDGEMENT. To me, when this is a game that advertises inclusion and then does a 180 on the Ethos. It is a “tug of war”.

its like we NEED a “lesser Quickplay” mode on the main menu LOL!!

Eitherway… who knows… yeesh. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

That’s why they wrote “manual” and “confirmed” in one sentence.

1 Like

I called this would happen lol

finally, why are there not measures in place to deter or prevent this yet?

why not tailor the pass to how you ‘intend’ people to use it, because if you don’t then people will use it to there ‘intensions’

I have to be honest, it’s a great idea but I’m having an absolutely awful experience these last few days, it seems everyone is using it to get the passes but some players just aren’t experienced in different roles and the game is suffering for it, can we not somehow ensure flex fits you into a role you’re suited to with say percentage of time played on certain roles? Have a great Christmas guys.

1 Like

the idea is if enough people do flex, it will become more common to get tank/support, and even DPS sometimes. This would speed up queue times for everyone.

You mean dps, as a tank can find a match in literally seconds

Any reason why I’m duoing with a friend and we can’t use the priority passes at all for dps? There’s no option to use one, yet we’re still sitting in a queue for 4 mins to find a match. What’s the point if we can’t even use them???

I think you are kind of making my point, let’s say I’m a grandmaster level player and I solo queue, if I end up against a 4, 5, or 6 stack of masters then more than likely I lose that game. I could be better than everyone in the other team individually but couldn’t literally 1v6 them. If this scenario happens then the team without the 6 stack is relying on the other solo queue players to communicate.

I say we do the opposite. Only full stacks in competitive. Play the game the way its meant to be played. Keep solo and dup ques to quickplay

1 Like

That’s fine, I just want it to be one or the other. They both have their own merits.

Solo-Queue only reflects individual skill better.
Group-Queue only reflects teamplay ability better.

Solo queue does have the advantage of eliminating a good chunk of bad behavior that comes from stacks. SOME of that bad behavior can be mitigated with a group queue, but not all of it.

Give 1 for a loss, 8 for a win and make it 2 per use. Winning is highly rewarded, 2 times losing still gets you something. And a win will give you directly 4 dps Qs. Do not give people 2 passes for a loss and expect them to care… Like i do not even know what people in the office of Activision are thinking