Using comm wheel takes mouse-only focus off of overwatch while in borderless windowed

the recent update has a bug thats been taking the mouse-focus off of the game. which as you might imagine is very bad to happen during a match, or 3 times during a match

how to reproduce:
1: set client to borderless windowed
2: have a second monitor positioned directly below your gaming monitor
3: bring up the comm wheel and drag mouse to ult charge but continue going past the limits of the screen (very easy to do by accident with high mouse sens)
4: let go of the comm wheel command triggering the ult announce
5: the cursor is now on your lower monitor and your character will not be aiming until you bring the cursor back to the game. which can be difficult to do in the heat of the moment

this bug didnt exist until this (new map) update. i can play in fullscreen just fine but prefer to play in borderless windowed for streaming since it makes everything a lot easier. please address this as quickly as you can thank you

note: keyboard commands continue to function in game normally (movement, ect) even when the mouse isnt sending commands to the game. so alt-tabbing doesnt fix it since windows is still focused on overwatch but the mouse isnt

3 Likes

Can confirm and the issue was perfectly described here, Iā€™m having the same experience since the Kanezaka Challenge went live, except with a monitor below and another to the left of the main monitor where Iā€™m running the OW client. The mouse going out of bounds happens in both directions.

Beyond the comms-wheel, it also happens with the sprays and emote wheels.

It can also cause a normal Windows context menu to pop elsewhere on the extra monitor(s) if you happen to use a characterā€™s right click shot/ability after having the comms-wheel bug throw the cursor out of the gameā€™s bounds.

1 Like

can confirm bug. I spam voice lines a lot with rein and everytime I use the bottom selection I disconnect my mouse. I thought at first it was a hardware issue but this is software related

1 Like

(bump) still an issue in the LNY event update

Iā€™ve been having this issue too for several weeks. It also affects bordered windowed mode, which I use.

1 Like

still an issue in the March PachiMarchi update, devs please let me know youā€™ve seen this and i will stop bumping the post

This is still an issue on March 24th. PLEASE FIX THIS. Its game breaking. Also itā€™s not just the bottom part of the comm wheel. It happens when I say ā€œhiā€ too. I have a 2nd monitor to my right and the mouse goes to it when I do that. Itā€™s annoying and I am shocked this isnā€™t fixed yet.

1 Like

bump~ still an issue in the Archives event update

devs please let me know youā€™ve seen this and i will stop bumping the post. again this is a new bug that started at the beginning of this year, this didnā€™t used to happen!

bump, please look into this

1 Like

Bump, still happening. Please limit mouse cursor to window.

1 Like

This is STILL happeningā€¦ Can we please fix this?

1 Like

This is still happening as of Feb 22, 2022. Please fix this. We shouldnā€™t be punished for using the communication wheel.

1 Like

Good to know this will probably never be fixed /o/
Though I canā€™t recall this happening in OW1 alreadyā€¦ i thought that was an OW2 thing that when you use com wheel the mouse cursor appears instead likeā€¦with controller just select something based on which direction you start moving the mouse.

Iā€™ve switch to fullscreen since, coz its annoying always losing focus of the game in important situations when you just want to make a call out and then die coz you suddenly cant move anymore. yeyā€¦

I wonder would it be worth just opening a new thread on this? lol

1 Like

commenting on a thread bumps it to the top of the category but a new post canā€™t hurt at this point, go for it

started the exact patch that kanezaka deathmatch map was added to the game! i was hoping adding this clue would help lead to a swift finding of the bug but even now 29 months laterā€¦

i still use borderless windowed but now i only have 1 monitor so i dont have to worry about the bug right nowā€¦ actually i dont have to worry about ANYTHING overwatch related until i finish my no potions no rings FFXVI playthru