Uprising & Mercy

Why wouldn’t valkyrie work in the uprising event? (assuming it will be exactly the same this year as last year).

1 Like

I’m not saying it wouldn’t work, i’m just asking if they are gonna keep it like last year.

I missed the last one, but with these mercy changes to rez, I do not even want to go near it. Thanks Blizz for canceling any hype I may have had for this mode.

2 Likes

Isn’t it obvious? Valkyrie.

The difficulty will have to be lowered considerably since Mercy was essential to completing it on Legendary.

6 Likes

But why would they bring mass rez back for uprising, though?

Yeah, they would obviously have to playtest it with valk now. Other than that I don’t see a problem having valk in uprising.

1 Like

They’ll do what they did w/ junkenstein’s. Uprising will be the same as last time. They don’t care about Rez for PvE, they just care about it for PvP

If you remember back to the Halloween Terror PVE mode, Mercy’s ultimate worked in the same manor as Mercy 1.0.

Blizzard can change the specifics of heroes as needed for these PVE modes, so it’s most likely that we’ll be playing Mercy 1.0 if last year’s Uprising PVE mode returns.

1 Like

But Mercy was never a playable character in that event, only an NPC boss named “The Witch”. Plus her ability kinda worked like a plot device. IIRC mass rez didn’t really have any kind of significance or reference in Uprising the same way it had in junkenstein’s revenge. (EDIT: Respawning several bosses by mass rezzing them)

Personally, I don’t see them bringing back mass rez if valk and E-rez can do the job. Not to mention that bringing it back for the event might just fuel the debate even more too, even though it’s “only” in PvE mode.

Like I said, they most likely only care about Rez as an ult in PvP. I doubt they care about it in a limited time PvE event.

I’m pretty sure they care about every aspect of the gameplay, regardless of mode.
Unless the event specifically requires a mass rez ability, it won’t come back.
Also, the event will most likely not be a carbon copy of last year. Junkenstein’s revenge, CTF and Lucio ball were all tweaked or reworked the second time they went live.

Enhanced regen and infinite clip will be pretty stronk.

They should really give Mercy a “Legacy Mode” for Custom Game modes and The Uprising Event. One that lets her keep her multi-man rez, i-frames, and the old quick guardian angel tech.

I mean yeah, it’s blizz, and I’m sure theres someone at the studio who would gladly rebalance the entire mode just to account for Valk and the new resurrect mechanic, but that seems like a lot of work for something that wouldn’t be as appreciated as a simple mercy revert option.

No sense in reinventing the wheel and then reinventing the road just to justify the new wheel, ya know?

We might get it back, but then again, the omnics might find it unfun to play against. :wink:

3 Likes

We’ll see, junkenstein’s had it. So imo uprising will too. I’m not saying the event as a whole will be a carbon copy, just the old uprising content. In fact Jeff said they were going to expand upon what they did with uprising but he said they wanted to have the old uprising there too for people who didn’t get to experience it the first time. I don’t think that it will be called uprising again, it’s more likely that it will be a new event just with old uprising available as well.

Rez really was essential to win on higher difficulties. I have a hard time seeing Valk be particularly good in that mode.

I wouldn’t mind having either as her ultimate in the PvE mode,
if they are choosing to stick with Valkyrie, atleast give back her immediate rez and lowered cooldown (So 1.0 Valk), so you’d atleast have a chance to get through legendary, or even hard for that matter.

Pretty sure Jeff said Mercy is going to play exactly the way she does now on live and they’re doing something with the AI to compensate.

1 Like

EDIT: Fuuu- Didn’t see this was a Necro >.<