Updating stuck at 0 b/s or Slow Download of 1.22 (Retribution) Patch

im getting 0 bytes a second for the update and ive tried relogging into blizzard and restarting my computer

7 Likes

Try clearing the cache in the app launcher:

Also having this problem. I followed the link on deleting cache. Still having issues. I start the blizzard app and the download burst up to 3.0 MB/s then seconds later starts falling and stalls at 0 B/s
Please fix your broken patch GG
Actually blizzard will take too long… I’m almost down the download after opening up closing the app 6 times now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hade same problem just hit pause then start. It will jump up for a short time then do it agine. Dident take me that long.

2 Likes

Hey everyone,

If you’re experiencing this, how long does it persist for? There are a few periods in the install where it appeared to hang as 0 b/s for me but still installed data. Eventually it picked back up. If you’re seeing this, give it a few minutes without pausing or anything and see if the data installs eventually. More information on this from one of our developers can be found here.

2 Likes

Similar problem. Had few bytes per second, but it was actually fake. Game still kept downloading MBs just showed wrong amount. Maybe it was installing some data before downloading, too.

i noticed it has 0 speed, but still ammount of data that needs to be downloadaed is going down (at 0 speed)
and it picks up back after a short while
so it works folks

I’m having the same problem, it will jump up every now and again to about a 1mb/second and slowly decay back to 0 bits. its then stays at 0 bits for a couple minutes and jumps up again. Blizz plz fix

Hey all,

Just wanted to report back on this thread as well. We’ve confirmed that this is expected behavior for the application with this patch. As I mentioned in another thread - we’re doing a different patching method than usual for this patch. There are periods where your application stops actually downloading the data and instead decompresses the data you’ve received and overwrites other parts of the game client. While the files are overwritten, you’re going to stop downloading things for a few minutes. It’s normal, so I’d recommend letting the app do its thing. For a link to the developer post regarding this, you can check the link in my last reply in this current thread.

While there may be ways we can optimize this in the future, we don’t think there’s anything to really ‘fix’ currently. I totally get that you’re all excited to get in and check out the new Retribution content - I’m right there with you while I man the forums! My advice is to just be patient if all you’re seeing is periods of seemingly no downloading. If you get an error message while installing, however, please start your own thread or contact us so we can check it out.

5 Likes

What kind of expected behavior is that? Mine has been downloading for over an hour now. Did they rewrite the entire game? What is this crazy download? This better be one heck of a patch for all the time it has taken to download or attempt to download.

7 Likes

I have the same problem. Eventually it got the whole patch while showing the download speed as zero. Now, the launcher just gives me and BLZBNTAGT00000840 error and the update goes nowhere.

I’ve been trying to download this update for 2 hours. Normally this size of update would take a few minutes. I downloaded the BFA Alpha in less than half this time and that was over 30GB.

3 Likes

Mine is saying “waiting on another installation or update”. I already tried the things they suggest for solving this but it doesn’t help. Its been 3 hours since it started to update.
When I reboot and start the Blizzard app I get an administrator permission prompt from the app but then it does nothing.

3 Likes

Experiencing it now. It dropped to 0 bytes for a few minutes, then picks back up but stays in the KB range.

Thing is, by the rate of what is left, mathematically it seems like its DL-ing at a considerably higher rate.

Right now I’m showing 1B/s but data is getting ticked off at about 3-4 MB/s rate

4 Likes

Just patient, the client stops downloading when it down to 0 KB/s but it actually still do its thing in the background.

Can confirm it took a good 50 minutes to install the patch. Download speed went to 5kbps, but it continues to unpack the patch in the background. It merely reads “downloading” but it’s actually installing in the background. The speed is accurate, but the indicated activity is not.

This was a 14 gb patch and Blizzard pulled a Payday 2 to repack everything. Good on you guys for QA.

For people who have lower-mid end computers you’re stuck with longer installation times. It will only install as fast as your disk read/write speed, like you would installing a game.

2 Likes

Be patient? I’m Zenyatta in the game, not IRL. This download /install is brutal.

2 Likes

Aw man, that sucks. I really hate this unpack-as-it downloads method of game update. It’s a lot slower and introduces an unnecessary bottleneck on my PC HDD. I’ve uninstalled Payday 2 for exactly that reason, as it takes forever to finish installing a 200MB update (which was deployed pretty much every other day).

I prefer the traditional method where the updater simply downloads the entire thing and then replace/delete the unnecessary files. Now it’s gonna be a lot slower. O well, at least they only do this thing once a month.

I really hope they revert to the previous method of game updating soon.

4 Likes

This can’t be normal, when it slows down to 0bytes per second, my CPU usage goes through the roof, and it shoots my temps up 80+ C, i usually cancel it to avoid degrading my PC’s overall life… If this is working as intended you guys need to rethink what was intended.

5 Likes