Updates to Hero Pools

95% of the playerbase not having hero pools is a little more than a bit.

6 Likes

Halt. That’s why. Fortify can be a lil annoying but mostly Halt

2 Likes

Brig ? Are you stucked in 2018 ?

I genuinly like hero pools, sorry.

4 Likes

Except now they gave extra incentive for high rank players to smurf or at least throw to get away from pools they don’t like, without ever addressing the problem in any way.

7 Likes

It was supposed to be a jokeeeeeeeeeee

:crab: MEI WILL FINALLY BE BANNED :crab:

4 Likes

OWL shouldn’t be deciding hero pools for ladder, that’s beyond dumb. If you’re going to do this then just get rid of hero pools on ladder entirely, please.

10 Likes

The people complaining about smurfing dont understand that smurfing is a good thing. It actually gives lower ranks a change and have to think critically on how to defeat the smurf. In a game thats all about team play, learn to play as a team and stop worrying about smurfing.

3 Likes

Players have always thrown games, regardless of rank. I trust the team to ban these throwers. However, as a Diamond player, I am SO HAPPY that these pools are going.

1 Like

cool, now bring back SR Decay.

cause players in top500 are very low quality after RoleQ specially doubleshield meta

3 Likes

I absolutely love this change. It just made my day

3 Likes

That’s really not. They exactly explained why in the post.

1 Like

SR Decay should only be added back to higher ranks imo.

I don’t play much competitive on this account, and I’m happy with it sitting at 3100sr. I don’t see a need for me to lose 100sr due to inactivity when I’m not affecting anyone.

3 Likes

Your trust is misplaced, throwing may be one thing. But like I said, this incentivises smurfing even further and it’s never addressed. I get it though, I’m glad the pools will be gone in my rank too.

2 Likes

thanks for all of the feedback in the thread so far!

just as a reminder, we’re always open to iteration. we’ve changed this system quite a bit since we first implemented. if someone is causing issues, we’ll keep a close eye on it and make sure to address it.

42 Likes

No, you learn by playing people at your skill level or SLIGHTLY above. I learn nothing from being instakilled the second I step out of spawn.

17 Likes

Thank you guys for listening to the community in a problem that has been bothering a lot us of for a little bit.

It means a lot to at least try something and then if it that something does not work you can go down a different path.

Thank you again!

2 Likes

Thank you for giving us the chance to reply with our thoughts!+

1 Like

So no fun allowed when you are master? Why do you need to keep it for ranked?

10 Likes

this is swag, I am only typing more so I reach the minimum message length