Updates to Hero Pools

Just perma ban brig, moira, orisa, mei and sombra and remove hero pools at this point. Nobody i saw genuinely likes the system. And the heroes I mentioned are universally hated and OW would be objectively better without them.

18 Likes

I second this, if you can’t address smurfing as a whole, at least try to not give players more incentive to do it.

14 Likes

The same reason anyone hates a character. They don’t want to counter pick to stop them…

5 Likes

But why are GM and Masters Now getting bans based on OWL?

You´ve said this yourself, they have different picks,

just have OWL bans based on OWL, and masters/GM ban based on masters/GM

if OWL players want to practice, they can make a custom game and scrim

19 Likes

i how about you just drop this idea?

19 Likes

This is nice… BUT its only going to add to a bigger problem that the development team seems to have their heads in the sand about. Smurfing. This will give people another reason to do it. “i can’t play the hero i want this week, guess i’m trolling the lower ranks again this week.”

Don’t get me wrong. Short of removing hero bans all together this is a good move. I’m just worried about what effect it will have on our other problems.

36 Likes

Literally there’s a feed in this very forum with over 300 replies at this point where not only do several people admit to smurfing but they even give reasons. Either address the issue by addressing the people or at least address the reasons they do it and for god’s sake don’t give them more reasons.

9 Likes

Lol, they reduced CC by a bit and also reduced Hero Bans by a bit :laughing:

1 Like

IDK for how short it’ll be, HERO POOLS ARE GONE :crab: :clap: HERO POOLS ARE GONE :crab: :clap: HERO POOLS ARE GONE :crab: :clap: HERO POOLS ARE GONE :crab: :clap:

5 Likes

I love this development team so much.

Not only have you listened to our feedback on the last experimental patch and acted on it, but you’ve also listened and acted on our feedback in regards to hero pools.

You guys rock!

21 Likes

95% of the playerbase not having hero pools is a little more than a bit.

6 Likes

Halt. That’s why. Fortify can be a lil annoying but mostly Halt

2 Likes

Brig ? Are you stucked in 2018 ?

I genuinly like hero pools, sorry.

4 Likes

Except now they gave extra incentive for high rank players to smurf or at least throw to get away from pools they don’t like, without ever addressing the problem in any way.

7 Likes

It was supposed to be a jokeeeeeeeeeee

:crab: MEI WILL FINALLY BE BANNED :crab:

4 Likes

OWL shouldn’t be deciding hero pools for ladder, that’s beyond dumb. If you’re going to do this then just get rid of hero pools on ladder entirely, please.

10 Likes

The people complaining about smurfing dont understand that smurfing is a good thing. It actually gives lower ranks a change and have to think critically on how to defeat the smurf. In a game thats all about team play, learn to play as a team and stop worrying about smurfing.

3 Likes

Players have always thrown games, regardless of rank. I trust the team to ban these throwers. However, as a Diamond player, I am SO HAPPY that these pools are going.

1 Like

cool, now bring back SR Decay.

cause players in top500 are very low quality after RoleQ specially doubleshield meta

3 Likes