Updated Siren character concept

So I recently posted my idea for a siren themed character for Overwatch and I decided to revamp it a bit. I want to preface this by saying that my ideas for this character are very personal and largely based around my personality and wants from a character. I wanted the basis of the siren to be someone who manipulates emotions and has a grasp of the human mind and persuasion. I would love a character who is pretty androgynous and mysterious. I feel like Blizzard does a great job with diversity and would be a great place for a character like this. :slight_smile:

Also- This is in no way a complete version, I welcome feedback greatly.

Name- Siren
Age- 26
Occupation- Former psychology student experimented on to act as a weapon for Talon.
Affiliation- Talon, but wishes to help Overwatch.

Siren has always been fascinated by the mind and spent his early years of college focusing on social psychology. During his study he found himself very intrigued by persuasion and empathy. The subtle ways in which humans can be influenced through emotion drove most of his research. Talon gained knowledge of his research and before he could finish his studies he was taken to their facility and tortured for his insights. He wouldn’t willingly participate, and since they couldn’t get the information from him to fuel weapons they would turn him into a weapon instead. Now brainwashed by similar methods to Widowmaker he is one of their most formiddable assets. His ability to manipulate the emotions of others has given Talon the edge in many situations. Where Widowmaker was made devoid of emotion, Siren is encouraged to utilize them fully.

Primary fire- Fast moving light projectiles that emit from a specialized weapon glove.

Ability 1- Rapport- Siren creates an empathic link with an ally and converts damage done during rapport into healing and can switch targets similar to mercy beam targeting. Can press the alternate fire to release a burst heal equivalent to the damage dealt during link.

Ability 2- Impress me- Upon activation Siren reduces the cooldowns of their linked ally by a quarter. (Example- Zarya bubble cooldown goes from 10 seconds to 2.5 for one use.) This ability has a 12 second cooldown itself and only works on abilities that haven’t been activated yet in order to keep with the timing.

Ability 3- Charm- Siren blows a kiss projectile at an enemy and upon impact the enemy’s damage is halved for the next 5.5 seconds. (This ability works like sleep dart, except it reduces damage instead of completely incapacitates the target)

Ultimate- Empathy- Siren creates an empathic link with the enemy team in a certain radius so any damage they deal while linked is dealt back at half the power. (Example- If a link is created with a widowmaker and she deals a fully charged headshot she will receive 150 damage back) The enemies can leave the radius, so this works to either punish aggression and lack of strategy, or to create space and prevent a push.

1 Like

Question. Does she have cute fin ears? If yes I support you

It’s a he lol, at least in my head. I like the fin ears though.

1 Like

Make it a she. Now aestically you can follow Sirius from my hero academia or juri from yu yu hakusho which were you thinking?

1 Like

I had to google those hahaha but I think juri looks better ear wise, however I would like this character to be a male. I like the idea of an androgynous character.

1 Like

Hmm I see. We could be part of the same experiment program… this is mine. I think they would make a interesting team.

1 Like

You put a lot of thought into that! She sounds really interesting. Her ult is terrifying, like seeking hammond mines

1 Like

Thanks. I’m actually thinking about making a comic with a artist friend of mine for a story for her in overwatch. I would like to make a team for her and I think yours is pretty cool. So I might play with it alittle

Thanks! Go for it, you definitely have the creativity for it!