Update for Competitive Play - Season 16

I can’t imagine anyone who plays the game who says 6 stacks>solo queue in GM… The queue times are long enough as is, I’m just so happy that this is a thing now.

(Also decay doesn’t show on your profile until you play again)

3 Likes

I would love this change for every rank.

15 Likes

Can you lower the SR gap in all ranks. 1000 is far too big a gap.

27 Likes

Thank you! Actually Pog news

About time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would actually help the overall game as the large groups would move to quick play, so we could see qp become more like comp and less like a free for all with some real comps being played.

1 Like

Im hoping this is indeed a step towards entirely separate soloq and 6-stack-only teamq variants of competitive.

1 Like

The flaw is that often those games get some freaky teams. like i have seen high master players in a team with 3 stack top 500/high grandmasters.

Well, i just enjoy playing the game with my friends, more than with strangers not communicating or playing sym with a diamond gamesense on it. Is that such a bad thing ?
This means there will be more and more smurfing because gm wont be able to play together.
And i would be ok with this changement if we had a team queue system, but they don’t seem to care at all. Let me enjoy the game with my friends, thats all im asking for.
(ikr i did 3 games)

6 Likes

This doesn’t effect me in the slightest but I’m glad to see this change, I’m sure all the GM players will be grateful. I can’t imagine waiting longer than 3 minutes for a queue.

Don’t tell me to swap off Widow,
Coolbreeze

3 Likes

My avg when I hit near my peak is like ~7+ :[

I’m very grateful

2 Likes

It’s situations like these where I wish I could post pics to describe my disgust. Anyway, look up “spongebob disgusted fish” and that’s pretty much what I’m going for here.

Don’t tell me to swap off Widow,
Coolbreeze

2 Likes

this is awesome. no more gms abusing 3+ stacks to maintain top 500. now we just need solo queue only option cause people in gm still duo to get boosted to t500. this is a huge change though

8 Likes

I might actually play and love this game again. Hypppeeee

Not enough players in the top rank for that.

1 Like

Should apply to master too, considering we’re often used as fillers for GM matches. But it’s a start.

5 Likes

this is gonna kill the twitch game

How will i convince people now though to use symmetras tp? I wont be able to play with people that accept symm :frowning:

4 Likes

i don’t know if this is a good idea xp

2 Likes

So in a team based game you decide to forbid to have 5 consistant players on your team to make ranked games more “fun”. Instead of creating separated queues (soloq 2q 3q 6q). Instead of implementing role q and mapbans. Cool, you solved the 6 stack night q and 4.7 players problems witch affects literally like 100 ppl who plays at that time but it doesnt make games more “FUN” not even close.

10 Likes