[Update: Fix for all platforms is out] FPS drops after 1.38.0.2 update | Main tracking thread

Hey folks, the console release is now also live. Have a great weekend everyone.

14 Likes

Yay no more play 2-games-close-reopen

Tested. Works fine so far nice and smooth again thanks

I got the fix on PS4 just now…

Just updated, but the problem seems worse now.
Before I could play one or two games before I started to get disconnected.
Now it starts with the first game and I even have to enter all my login credentials each time.
(PC btw).

happy to hear it’s been pushed out to consoles. The game was nearly unplayable last night

1 Like

@SuZu

Hey there, I think you may have another problem that’s unrelated to this thread. This thread is tracking fps issue (graphics performance). I looked briefly at your debug data and I can see you have high packet loss to the Overwatch servers. I also quickly compared your data to other players using your same ISP and in the same region as you and I think the problems seem specific to you.

If you’re able to create a separate thread in this forum our tech CS folks can help further.

8 Likes

Okay,
thanks a lot !

FYI: Despite the fact that the client said I have the update already installed (version 1.38.0.2.60417 in the battlenet client) I still had frame drops (even in the training range).

First I restarted my machine, checked for CPU consuming processes, etc.
I’ve also updated my graphics card driver and rebooted. Still no luck.

Then I just used the “scan and repair” option in the battlenet client and the client reported that there was something to repair and now the issues seems to be gone.

tl;dr: scan and repair

2 Likes

Yeah, this isn’t fixed. Chat causing issues might be fixed, but there’s constant stuttering. I tried everything SCU did as well. I even did a DDU removal of my drivers and full reinstall. The game is microstuttering constantly. Performance is really bad.

I am on that version and the update only changed it from 6 fps to 7. Did the initial update require more processing power? I still get drops in fps from the communication wheel too.

Hi, i use the latest version ,the game (for me at least) is still crashing and does have some fps drops .
Using RX 580.
as i said before the game is crashing with the message “your rendering device was lost” or something like that.

Marking as Resolved, because bug fix is out for all. Thanks for quick reaction and quick fix, developers. :heart:

I’ve been on this update since nearly the moment it came out. Checking for updates also shows that I’m up to date and have been since yesterday.

I don’t really enjoy having an issue and seeking dev’s help to get a side comment about “Crying about issue on old version” when all technical support and devs lead us to this master thread for this specific issue.

With that being said: I am still having the same issues. I have more moments where I can actually play the game, but the constant stuttering and frame drops are killing me.

2 Likes

Even though the stutter duting gameplay is apparently gone there is still a small stutter when you press escape during a match. It doesn’t happen during first couple of games but it becomes noticable after a game or two. So it looks like they haven’t fixed it completely.

While the patch did fix the amount of stuttering my FPS is still far lower than normal

1 Like

ok so i still have lags @BillWarnecke could you please check my my data aswell so i know if there is something wrong

Well i think i fixed it just Reinstalling the Game xDe … But the game still causing stuttering when some1 switch Hero or when u press Tab and i think the fps are no stable like before the patch

Absolutely this … The fact this slip through the cracks is pretty condemning .

This is not true. we are still experiencing the issue on PS4 .

A post was split to a new topic: FPS Issues since before the latest patch