Upcoming experimental card

hmm maybes thats why its on the EXPERIMENT CARD you numpty

1 Like

Maybe read the post.

Jeff
“one of the defining things about overwatch is the fact that our heroes have amazing abilities and mobility.”

Zen players
:’(

8 Likes

You have a nerf similar to this, but it looks like you buffed it to 1.3
Endothermic Blaster (Primary Fire)

• Slowing effect now reduces enemy movement speed from 20-70%, down from 30-90%
  • Slowing effect duration reduced from 1.5 to 1.0 second

… read the post. Mercy isn’t CC PepeLaugh

1 Like

Try moving the game to 1/4/1 and make all CC only for the tank characters.

I don’t see how such little changes will help with anything.

its super impactful.

1 Like

I’m surprised and disappointed that Wrecking Ball and Doomfist aren’t on this list. Those two have the most to gain from these changes outside of Hog, but Hog wasn’t ever really an answer to those two since they got the bulk and mobility to avoid his current position.

3 Likes

Hey Jeff I like the nerfs to cc but if these go live we’ll need nerfs to Tracer, Genji, Mccree and every other hero who has been adjusted for high sustain comps. The reality is if we see these changes go live damage will sill be extremely high as it has been adjusted for GOATs and 2x shield. The game will feel really wonky. I believe you should revert the changes to heroes who have been recently buffed if this card goes live. We’ll still need more nerfs to Sombra because she’s been adjusted too and she’ll be extremely prevalent if she isn’t significantly nerfed. Everything in the game would need a nerf to go back to how Overwatch was pre GOATs and pre brig release. This is all I have to say. Thank you for reading.

But…it’s not…can you not read? You can still walk and shoot after being hacked. You can defend yourself against a Sombra after being hacked. You aren’t laid out on the ground or frozen in place unable to move your character after being hacked.

2 Likes

It’s a tenth of a second. Changing it seems silly, but at the end of the day it’s just a tenth of a second.

More than half the cast have movement abilities that they rely on to do their job. Grounding a winston with hack isn’t any different than throwing a trap at his feet, so yes Hack is a CC.

1 Like

CC barely got nerfed, there is no need to nerf mobility with these changes.

The entire list is fully reasonable and doesn’t gut anyone.

But it takes away your control of most of your hero. A large number of the cast cant do anything meaningful without their cooldowns. And hack duration is a LOT longer than a measly .65 seconds, so it’s arguably more frustrating to play against. I have no idea how you can say that hack isn’t CC. What would you call it, then?

1 Like

I think the term for something that disables abilities is a silence

Now my mind is pondering possibilities of what changes these are. Perhaps they’re considering the idea of diminishing returns on stuns?

In the past theyve increased the knockback to whole hog, so was wondering why the further increase🤷‍♀️
If anything, it seems like a nerf to whole hog as those who are getting whole hog’d are going to take less damage if not used against a wall since theyll be sent to space

Welp. This is just dumb.

You can’t tease us with CC reduction experimental card and then just make the most minute changes.

“Oh man. About .2 seconds less for most of the existing stuns! Now being halted in place and having my abilities cancelled is going to feel tons better!”

GO BIG OR GO HOME JEFF!

(Remembers what’s going on with the world) oh, wait…

1 Like

Hack does not make you lose control of your character. Yes, it influences abilities but a Winston can still walk and shoot and defend himself, albeit at a disadvantage. But the fact remains that hack is not a CC.

Edit: Spelling

2 Likes

It still falls under the umbrella of CC though. It’s even on the wiki page for “CC Abilities”