Unpopular Opinion - Widowmaker has no place in this game

No man…there was another post asking for pretty much the opposite

2 Likes

So we actually want the game to be more brain dead spam easy abilities and punish people who hone actual skill? Nah fam.

3 Likes

Oh.

getting one shotted by sniper is no longer fun, I would support 100% for long range damage nerf for all snipers.

7 Likes

yo dude can you try understanding a statement before being rude and throwing literal insults all over your post

This isn’t even asking for Widow to be deleted from the game, most people know that it’s out of the question for ANY character. It’s stating a point with arguments on why it feels off

1 Like

That’s what happens when you cherry pick words out of a sentence, you only get half the message. I said a hero who is skill oriented and is not affected nor enabled by the actions of her teammates. Widowmaker is one of if not the most separated hero in Overwatch and it’s quite clear. Everything she does, she does in a large majority by herself. A character like McCree is completely skill orientated and yet he is enabled and works as an accessory to his team. Widowmaker does not do that and therefore doesn’t have a place in Overwatch as she is currently.

2 Likes

Widowmaker was designed when Overwatch was barely a game yet, that’s why she sticks out. It was most likely a decision based on: “We’re making a fps game, so we definitely need a sniper hero in the roster”. I can’t see Widowmaker being a newly released hero today, she’s just too simplistic as a damage dealer. Just compare her to Ashe. In my opinion, Widowmaker’s long range scope should be a cooldown ability and not just a right click, while her main fire could be a long ranged bust fire similarly to Baptiste.

1 Like

Widow in high ranks absolutely relies on teammates to work.

It’s only in ranks like gold and plat where Widows start getting some decent aim and are able to punish uncoordinated teams that she becomes as self sufficient as people think she is.

At high ranks she requires coordination, the element of surprise, as well as good aim to be effective.

3 Likes

Except she can be and is. Her team can enable her by providing cover, shields, mercy damage boost, protecting her from flankers (her counters).

She is very much enabled and affected by her team mates. If you pick her counters and go after her as you should and her team doesn’t back her up or the enemy team puts up barriers that keep her from doing her job then she’s not gonna be too effective is she?

Yeah sure you might come across that Widow every once in a while who seems like a god and wins that 1v1 every time you try to take her out but that’s just a skill difference and she deserved that win. The only reason she won was because she was better.

Don’t pretend they are all like that because for every “god-tier” Widow you come across I guarantee you’ve come across at least 10 others who basically threw the match for their team.

1 Like

searches how to report offended biased widowmaker mains who cant offer a valid responce to an argument

2 Likes

Sounds like a him problem tbh. Maybe he should come up with a title that makes me feel like reading his post.

Damn. Someone is salty after losing to Widow.
By your theory everything should be deleted.

Btw, not a widow main but learning. Top 5 questions science can’t answer:

1. Why do you never strafe while shooting at me when I’m playing widow?
  2. Why do you jump like morons when I’m trying to get a headshot?
  3. When coming back from spawn, why can’t you hold W+adad to put off my aim?
  4. Why do you think taking a genji would make you win every duel?
  5. Why do you try to snipe me as Ana/zen while all i need is 1 shot?

When you answer those questions, playing against a widow will be much easier for you given most widow are really bad.

1 Like

Widowmaker feels fair to me. She has to charge her shot, and she has a neat little red line that points directly to her position. You just have to exercise a bit of game sense.

2 Likes

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl:
m i L l I o nS!

3 Likes

Nah. So long as so much of the community is unwilling to swap or adjust to what the enemy team is doing, WM can 100% stay.

Can’t argue your point from a QP game. The community doesn’t treat it the way OW is meant to be played.

Found your problem. One of your visual queues is figuring out where an enemy hero is. If you’re unwilling to do that and adjust accordingly, you deserve the headshot, assuming she can land it.

1 Like

These two. You got a valid response, you just didn’t like the terms it was couched in:

This is a valid counterpoint. Hero swapping was put in this game so teams could adjust when things aren’t working. People who refuse to do so are disadvantaging themselves deliberately, and that’s not the fault of any hero.

If OP does adjust, and the rest of their team doesn’t, then we’re onto an issue within the community. But again, not an issue with any hero.

People often complain about teammates telling them to swap, but they never admit that they get just as butthurt when the enemy team tells them to swap by dominating them all game.

Too many in the community focus on the childish “I can play whatever I want” attitude, while completely ignoring the way the game was intended (designed) to be played.

You could play chess and only move your pawns. You’d lose every game, but it wouldn’t be chess’ fault. Nor would it be the fault of the enemy queen/bishop/rook/etc.

No one would play her then… Its like forcing Bastion to stop firing for 1seconds after 2sec firing. Rein puting down his shield for 3seconds after holding it up for 10. Would it be fun to play those heroes? No…
Widowmaker is a hero that relies ond headshots and if she cant headshot you, than you propably kill her. Even as a Junkrat i killed so many Widowmakers…

The problem is not Widowmaker itself but the creation of Maps. They are mostly widely open and if you have no shield heroes you are forced to hide and if you have a rein then your whole team has to hide. Anubis first point for defense… she the field of view is way to clean without your team needing to support you, you dont even need to hide since the only hero that can threaten you is an enemy widow that flies up to the frame and shots you while doing so but an enemy widow expecting it and the flying widow propably dies. Those kind of advantages shouild be removed imo. This position particularly is what makes her OP and not her kit. You are well protected without ANYONE around you even a tracers cant sneak up on you, well a Sombra maybe.

Widowmaker is just fine but some maps are just to well designed for her. Especially on Anubis first Point they have to put a sign or something like that in between the choke and highground on Point to either block or minimize the view. Its situations like these that make widow simply by beeing present to create so much pressure thats insane and its way to hard to get to her even tho she has no one around to protect her. Thats a “no risk - high reward”-situation and shouldnt exist since not everyone is an owl player

WM is right up there with Brig as the biggest game breakers. I would like people to go back to playing Soldier, Mcree, Genji and Tracer rather than Widow and Hanzo.

1 Like

Widowmaker is super team reliant. Unless they are a T500 smurf, they need their team to do well. Widow isnt that crazy 4 headshots in a row DPS that you see on OWL. She also takes awareness of flankers and good positioning.

1 Like