Unpopular opinion: Punish leavers

Heck it happens in comp all the time, only their people will b*tch some. Getting stuck with a team that either overshadows you or vice versa is part of the game.

The problem is that’s how you perceive it… maybe, just maybe, you are the weak link in some of those cases. Just saying. The problem is it’s disrespectful to the team and the idea of team play in general. And when you leave, it only reinforces the problem and makes it more acceptable to others to use any justification for leaving. Man up and stick it out for five minutes, it won’t kill you and your otherwise incompetent team might turn it around. Happens quite a bit.

By your last statement you want “fun”, well you just ruined the “fun” for an entire team when you selfishly quit… it’s more than about you, and this what most quitters fail to appreciate, but then… selfishness is predominantly what quitting is all about so it’s not too surprising.

The whole point of comp is to enjoy a serious game at the same skill rate as you. If you want to play a nice game then go to comp.

in quick play a 75% exp penalty kicks in after leaving 5 out of the last 20 games and lasts until the have have less than 5 leaves in the last 20 games

Let me just clarify something here, I’m a flexer, and I start every match as a healer or a tank. Who’s in disrespect when the other 5 pick DPS and when asked to get at least one tank/healer you get “lol only QP” as a response. I’m not the problem, the “only QP” mentality is the problem.

If people played QP more often as a team based shooter and teamed up, then more people wouldn’t want to leave because the fights are actually fun and not a one sided mess. What’s fun about having 5 DPS on attack and the payload isn’t even moving an inch, because the opposing team has a proper defence with a tank and a healer?

3 Likes

Extra punishment wouldn’t fix the problem, people would still leave because the matches would still be imbalanced poopfest.
When the system throws dudes with 1800sr and 4200sr (both soloQ), it’s bound to be horrible experience and people prefer to save time and leave.
That would be acceptable at 4am when playerpool is nonexistent, but it when it happens 24/7 as it does now, we have a problem.

your also not the answer.

by leaveing the match your also reinforceing that its ok for that kind of behaver. and in reality. its not.

people that leave matches be it qp or comp are just a poison in an allready broken system. that needs to be fixed.

at any point if you dont like who your comped with in QP get over it. it is just quick play. but at the same time. its not up to you to deside " well this teams going to do garbage " and abandon them. they may of lost the match becuse you desided that you where to good for them and left.

or they might of just won the match with them 5 dps picks and a back fill who came in to tank or heal for them. replaceing you.

you would never know. becuse you where to busy desideing that it was going to be a trash match before it even started and ran away from it just so you could save face

i feel bliz needs to up the penelty for leavers in QP if they break the 10% of 20 matches left they get a warning.

15% and they lose 90% of there XP till they either finish 30 matches TO THE END . or come back in a week. if they break the 50% mark of leaves (( everything between just increases the time that they have to wait for the xp penalty to wear off and the matches increase by increments of 5 )) they are suspended for 3 days from the game. if they come back after 3 days and KEEP leaving the game.

there suspension will start again and they will get an extra day. this can be lifted by sending a video in a support ticket with the leaver saying " i am sorry for forceing my team to fight without me. i wont do it again " or they can wait out there time on there suspension and come back when its over.

to get the insta suspension lifted they have to not leave a match for a week after there suspension has been lifted this will reset the system at 0 again and leave a nice fat black mark on there record stateing there a leaver to all staff that might look at there account for them in the future.

oh and if you get more then 4 suspension in a row. your branded with a neon pink ingame name with a permanent unchangable symble as your icon that says " i am a leaver " so that every one knows that you leave matches. and it can only be removed after you play without leaveing a match 100 QP matches in a row. not in one sitting but 100 matches none the less.

if anything out of all of this the final punishment should be the only one. the bright neon pink in game name. AND the " im a leaver " icon. and title plastered over there heroes head

So again, if we have it your way.(assuming this isn’t a bad joke). Instead of leavers we will have people present but making no effort just to avoid the penalty. How is that better than someone leaving and opening up room for an actual player?

“It is just QP” sums up perfectly the mentality that makes QP garbage to begin with. I honestly don’t think that they have a chance of winning, when the highest time on objective is the 5 seconds I had, and the fight is 2 minutes old and the payload hasn’t moved at all because people are too busy hunting frags.

What they would end up with is people leaving the game altogether, or simply when getting a warning, do nothing towards the fight and just wait for the fight to end. Haven’t we seen this behaviour before I wonder? Oh right, in competitive.

If Blizzard decides to punish leavers in QP harshly, I’ll just leave the game. The solution isn’t to punish leavers in QP, the solution is to make sure the fights in QP are fought out as the game is sold; a team based shooter.

The game needs to do a few things to reduce leavers. 1: If at one minute left. Backfills can’t join. Or the best thing. Toggleable backfill. 2: filter options are implimented into QP. Map choice, and SR range limits. Since the MM is garbage in that area.

A few things that would reduce reasons why I would quit a match. But i’m always going quit games that are garbage. You can’t stop people from goofing of in QP.

And I don’t care about XP anymore. I have all my skins and 16,000 credits doing nothing. I’ve never gotten the penilty before. But I wouldn’t care if I did. When I’m the only guy pushing payloads.

Thank you! Finally, someone else who gets it! If you want harsher punishments for leavers, play comp!

If you want an almost competitive gamemode, try Competitive. It’s really the only game mode in the game where people try sometimes.

I will be completely honest and say that I usually play quick play while I’m waiting for my friends to get together for comp and when they do I usually just leave

What if people who leave from non-comp matches were banned for like 3 to 5 minutes from all modes? It wouldn’t ramp up the more you leave and it wouldn’t dock the player any other way outside of maybe the same XP penalty.

That way players are not only encouraged to finish up the match, as the the 30 seconds it takes to do that would get you into a new game faster than the 5 minutes of waiting at a home screen, but it would also let people who legitimately need to get up for a little bit to do so without penalty much of a penalty.

I’ll reiterate this for the billionth time… what if we didn’t focus on punishing players… but REWARDED players for sticking with their game? Incremental xp increases for playing more games in a row? Maybe even a loot box system like in arcade?

I think a lot of you are missing the point. I also despise the “it’s only qp” mentality. People who say that are simply putting up a shield to defend their actions that hurt the team. That being said, I also believe that players should have the freedom to play as they like in QP. I think the system just needs to have enough incentive in place… that the way people WANT to play… is the RIGHT way…

Anybody saying “if you want a game where your teammates try occasionally… play competitive” is missing the point entirely. You should still be TRYING regardless of the game mode. Winning or performing well isn’t mandatory… but you do have to PLAY in quick PLAY.