Unpopular Opinion: PTR Lucio is AWESOME

Well said. This is something I think a lot of people are having trouble with. Good Lucios are going to appreciate these changes once they adapt to them properly. And, combined with the Boop buff, good Lucios are going to be SCARY - even against other Lucio players!

2 Likes

Exactly. IMO, everyone who says this is a bad change is just a bad Lucio to be honest. A good Lucio will look at this and be like…damn, Im OPAF now.

Its just funny how everyone is complaining and they dont even know what they are complaining about. Sometimes I wonder if people are even playing the same game as me. For real though.

2 Likes

It’s a trade-off between slowly circling the pillar on the point and speed boost gained with consecutive wall jumps. Now the good Lucio moves more slowly, but any Lucio can ride around a pillar and be more annoying target for some heroes.

Its making more sense now, its called “wallride” not corner strafing. lol

It’s not about the damn rollouts. It’s about moving around the map so you heal everyone on the team, even when they are spread out.

People have complained about his skill ceiling being lowered but the nerfed his speed boost off of walls so I think it will be the same.

I love the new Wall Ride. I was decent at first but now I feel like I do more.

And there is a highly noticeable difference between those who mastered wallride, those who are proficient, and those who were just learning.

I’m still stomped by one of my friend’s efficiency in his wallriding. And my other friend who was just learning on how to corner climb, is still unsure what she can fully do in it.

Sure it’s easier now, but it’s not like everyone is now going to be a wallride god.

3 Likes

300ish hours as Lucio I think. I enjoyed playing the 4.0 version. The ONLY change to Lucio that I’ve absolutely hated was his speed nerf.

2 Likes

I don’t hate the fact that a support has become more accessible for everyone to play. We need more people able to flex onto support and not be immediately terrible.

2 Likes

Not really, I do it all the time

G o o d 4 y o u s c o o b

How is this an unpopular opinion ?
He’s flat out awesome now - I don’t think I ever had as much fun playing him before.

1 Like

So it’s funny, unlike most changes, it’s the high skill players complaining about the changes. Though I can see where they’re coming from with this. They probably shouldn’t reduce the dismount speed, the corner riding system already causes them to lose speed when doing certain jumps.

I would start using him again if they just restored his auras. That is literally all they have to do to make a new Lucio main.

1 Like

I agree. I just don’t get why people are upset. He was and still has been used in both competitive and pro play at all ranks, he gets some buffs, easier to wall ride corners and people are complaining about it. I don’t understand it. It’s like when they first made the Valkyrie changes on Mercy and players complained when it was so OP, complaining that it was somehow worse, that they had to tone it down to a 10th of its original version.

1 Like
https://youtu.be/qz-f2Pjft84

It’s a huge nerf for the high skill Lucios. That is what people are complaining about.

3 Likes

it’s maybe unpopular in these forums that represent maybe 1% of active players. My guess it will be very popular news outside when he goes live.

1 Like

Ah I see. Less useful at higher skills but easier for lower skilled players for general wall movement. However, the easier general wall movement will make it harder to kill him in a real game regardless. Not just racing from spawn to stall which if I understand correctly everyone hates.

I agree! Across all game modes lucio is my second most played hero. The changes feel good. I especially like the removal of boops ammo cost

1 Like

Now we need to increase his passive heals or amp duration

2 Likes