Unpopular opinion: Overwatch will never be balanced

It doesn’t matter if we get updates once a week As long as characters are constantly being added to overwatch the game will never be perfectly balanced. The only thing the dev team can do is accept this and do the same thing riot games does. Buff, nurf, and rework to accelerate meta changes so we aren’t stuck in metas for 6 months.

As long as they dont change McRightClick, Sombra or Moira. I need everything possible to piss off Genji and Tracer players.

I feel like that’s common knowledge. Or at least, it should be.

There’s always going to be some heroes who are better than others, when their kits are this diverse. Nerfs and buffs just mix things up so we have more reason to play on the current patch than we did the patch 4 seasons ago. Something new, hopefully better, but never something perfect.

Having a 100% balanced game that also doesn’t just mean turning every hero into the same thing is a pipe dream.

That said, it can be leagues better than it is now.

Those two facts are not mutually exclusive.

It will never be completely balanced but it’ll be in a good state as long as they respond to feedback faster.

Then again, the likelihood of that happening is low :frowning:

the problem is not reaching perfect balance. Is reaching a state were six heroes are the only worthwhile comp and the rest are all troll picks.
Also, i wouldn’t mind this, if the meta changed more frequently. But metas in overwatch are so agonizingly slow.

Take paladins. They are really quick with patches, hotfixes and various stuff (oh, and a lore that is actually going forward).
True, there will always be some broken mechanic or hero, but at least we know that in a month or two things will change.

Me too.

It’ll never be really well balanced because they never really set a standard for what should be achievable power with the hero’s risk v reward and accessability in mind.

Probably doesn’t help that it’s all feelings and inaccurate/misrepresentative statistics on our side, and for all we know Blizz is looking at a more accurate version of the exact same breakdowns.

Perfect balance that doesn’t strip a lot of the character’s more interesting abilities is nigh impossible.

It’s clearly not an unpopular opinion, I was thinking the same a month ago.

That’s is true and here’s why that’s okay: