Unpopular opinion: Mercy nerf is fine

You’re right it’s not much at all, in fact it’s such a tiny thing that it won’t even effect her pickrate and if Blizzard displays the same level of competance they have with Mercy for the past year we’re in for another nerf and then given what’s left to nerf we’re in for something that will be worth rioting over

Her ult is useless and won’t keep the team alive anymore. That’s my only complaint about Mercy.

2 Likes

Seems like any “nerf” to rez Mercy mains purpose would make it safer, and get used more than 6 times per game, on average.

Answer this question:

Why does a ”successful” rework need 10 nerfs after its release?

5 Likes

Because Mercy players freaked out by being way too mellowdramatic on the forums. Which only served to cause the devs to nerf slowly, instead of quickly.

1 Like

Why does a successful rework need to be nerfed at all?

Edit: Why are you spamming the same unreliable stats in every mercy related post?

Because they didn’t want to release her too weak, because Mercy players freaked out the instant it got announced.

So they errored on the side of making her too powerful, instead of too weak.

After a couple of nerfs to the initial design of the rework, they said that the rework was successful but they continued to nerf her. With this in mind, your point doesn’t exactly stand.

The last time I remember them saying Mercy looked fine was early May, when the stats looked like this.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/mercy-moira-comp-pickrates-pc/80544/5

Unreliable stats try harder :stuck_out_tongue:

So your arguments without stats are any better?

I’ll take “mostly correct stats” over “because I said so” any day.

There is always a riot around here when Mercy is touched.

It is tradition.

1 Like

depends actually, to tanks it could mean life and death

for example if rein (who has 500hp) is at 50hp, at 60HPS it’d take you (450/60) 7.5seconds to fully heal him but at 50HPS it’d take you (450/50) 9seconds. that’s 1.5seconds. and 1.5seconds in the game is incredibly long imo. and that’s not considering if he’s taking damage or if there are other teammates that require healing.

also a lot of the points being raised isn’t solely about the hps nerf, it’s the fact that people who acknowledge mercy being a better pick than other healers stems from valk and especially rez. her hps was never a problem. people are mad that the devs are trying to “fix” the wrong part of mercy’s kit. i’m a mercy main maybe even borderline mercy one trick but ive been saying this since the rework rez on a simple cd is going to be hell to balance

4 Likes

that count seems low

Statistics of less than half of the Overwatch community is really ”mostly correct”!!! [Sarcasm Intended]

Have you ever studied statistics?

Given your phrasing it sounds like you haven’t.

I don’t need to study statistics to know that stats of less than the majority isnt reliable.

Yup, you haven’t studied statistics.

Hence why i said, “I don’t need to study statistics”

Because you believe actual statistics with real world application aren’t performed with less than half the total data.

When that’s almost always what happens.

1 Like