Unpopular Opinion: I love Mystery Heroes

I’d appreciate Mystery, if it didn’t allow duplicates. Or would guarantee a minimum of 1 tank, 1 healer but not dupe. As it is now, it becomes a game attrition and the team which wins is the one that randomly gets the most tanks/healers/bastions fastest.

Meanwhile, I used to love Mayhem but it has taught me a deep hatred of Doomfist because that game has (before patch that fixed Doom, I haven’t played it since before it) become “whomever has the best Doom wins”.

Most players would disagree with you.

It’s about the only place I ever get to play DPS, so.

Yeah. It’s one of the only modes you can play any hero without getting yelled at or reported. Too bad it’s just sometimes you get a game you know is over 20 seconds in and you’re stuck for 5-10 minutes(longer than it sounds) banging your head against a wall or getting pegged as a leaver.

4 Upvotes! So, that makes 5/40000000. Almost enough to start a revolution.

Excuse me sir, it’s 5 upvotes.

It is really not unpopular opinion since it is the only ok mode in the arcade and most ppl are playing exactly that.

Already addressed that for you. I appreciate your input, but next time try to read the content of a comment (especially when it’s only 2 sentences long) before throwing in your 2 cents.

Did you even read what I wrote? :thinking:

Yes. Did you? :thinking:

You won’t get anyone on your side anytime soon if you keep going with this bossy attitude towards those who actually agrees with you.

MH is by far the best Arcade mode there is, including “No limits”.

The issue is that both are kind of “merged” in that regard since the randomness includes having multiple copies of the same hero.

As you can see, MH is always there, where other modes are not. I would love to see a MH unique heroes mode though. Sure it wont have all the randomness and the “funny” comps that multiple copies of the same hero allow but damn … it would be quite a lot more interesting and better imho.

1 Like

The dev already know…

I’ve been in countless matches where RNG gave the other team a heafty stack. I don’t care. It’s part of a fun challenge to get though it if you ask me AND it’s always possible.

1 Like

100% Agreed.

Also, switching heroes every round on Control Points. I’ve had too many games where one side gets a perfect/cancerous comp and the other gets nothing to break it and gets utterly steamrolled.

Yeah some protections in place to prevent this would make Mystery Heroes ideal.

1 Like

It is Mystery Heroes so a full swap every round wouldn’t be bad. The only defense is “I can’t snowball my opponent then!” as you already lose Ultimates between rounds.

I also would like it if you changed characters (listen to whole part) if you killed yourself AFTER a set time. Like 60 seconds or so. I know it used to change characters on self death. The irony being one tactic, I’ve even used myself is kill yourself if good character in a bad situation to keep.

I hate and love it at the same time. If play it for loot boxes it’s the most frustrating thing ever but if I play it to goof off then it’s a lot of fun.

i love mystery heroes. its fine as is.

Seems like you aren’t the only one.