Unpopular Opinion: Genji Buff

and i think he needs a nerf. he is there, every game i play. again and again. altohjugh i don’t think his damage needs a nerf. it is more mechanics stuff.

first. his shuriken should have drop-off, both range and damage. i don’t care he is a cyborg. Mcgree’s bullets also have a big damage drop-off. the alternative shuriken attack (3 in a fan) needs work 2. against tanks this shreds them to death. the hitboxes of the shurikens are weird af (are they also projectiles?? :P).

second is his dash bllsht. make it he needs to make the kill. or that he needs to have done half the damage or something. not a refresh on someone he accidentally grazed. or a double jump after a dash into the air.

deflect is still utter Bllsht. i was once in a 4v4 game. standing with Hanzo on some stairs. a genji was standing left of me, lower on the stairs. 2+meters away from me. i shoot my arrow, not straight at him, but in a 90 degree turn to the right. i could not even see him! HE DEFLECTED MY ULT TO MY RIGHT!!! what the ffin hell.
he deflects all melee. he occationally even deflect stuff in his back to the front (junk nades for ecample)!! he is basicly immortal in deflect, cassually waiting for his cooldowns.

i think in damage. genji is fine. There are now some counters. i play mainly tank and supp. in the past he was a nightmare but not anymore. BUT!! i still think he is broken.

Last night I was shooting, without the Genji even in my screen (lower right), and some how he was deflecting me. I mean … I was literally wondering why it was so big.

It’s not gonna happen as much as I want it to brother.
They only people blizzard listens to is the overzealous mob of mercy and always offmeta characters.
So unless your taking about junkrat mercy or widow they won’t even acknowledge it

I’ve been maining Genji this season and I’ve reached a new career high on my main acc.

It’s difficult to play Genji, and I do have to switch often, but Genji is nowhere near non-viable. He’s great as is (aside from some frustrating bugs) and I’d prefer if he didn’t get any changes balance-wise.

The problem isn’t that Genji is underpowered, it’s just that the meta is 3-3 so it’s difficult to collapse on someone. Because I can assure you, you’re not the only DPS that’s experiencing this problem.

I’m not denying your argument because I think it’s valid, but only valid in a sense that 3-3 (GOATS) is overpowered. Tank busting is where it’s at now. And Genji doesn’t have that.

genji not tank busting?? you nuts? his shuriken fan attack shreds throught tank thanks to it broken hitbox.

Genji is a ballanced but broken hero. every skill is broken. i think his ult, which most ppl complain about is the least broken thing.

2 Likes

Just yesterday I dropped an orb on a low hp genji and felt so happy when I saw him deflecting but I sent it to his side, hes character model was no where near it and he still ended up deflecting it. :woman_facepalming:

Asking for major buffs to the most mobile and dangerous DPS in the roster who can kill half the team and escape Scott free…what are you on???

His pick rate is fine, there isn’t any balancing needed.

You literally just contradicted yourself:

“Balanced but broken”?

How can a hero be balanced but broken?

Anyway, Genji isn’t played with a tank busting mindset. People tend to switch to Reaper or now, McCree, to exploit their “tank busting” damage abilities and DPS.

Not a single projectile has dmg drop-off in the game. Why would his be different. They also deal only 28 dmg per shuriken, thats less than a melee attack, making it lower than any other projectile in the game except Mercy and baby Dva’s pistol and Maybe Orisa’s machine-gun.

I’m fine with him getting buffs if blade would be nerfed.

I’d only humor a Genji buff if Brigitte and Moira got a buff to compensate. Genji has one of the highest strength curves in the game. Genji is fine, we just need a hero who is good at shield break.

how about hanzo arrows?
molten blobs of torbjorn?
nades of junkrat?
rathe rthe opposite. all projectiles have dropoff except for the rockets of pharah, but hey, those are FFIN ROCKETS and the shuriken of genji.

in damage, he is balanced. but the mechanics of almost ALL his skills are broken.
no drop off, idotic reflect properties, stpid ss dash recharge, ult range both in distance and wideness.
they only tweaked the damage to compensate for st
pid *ss mechanics.

If you are going to keep necroing this thread atleast get your facts straight.

Hanzo has no Falloff
Torb has no Falloff on his leftclick
Junk nades have no Falloff

… the projectiles moves into a ffin arch… doesn’t it???

and 9 days… ooooo such necroing.
body still warm id say

This is not damage fall off. Damage fall off is the reduction in damage over distance.

Damage fall off - not projectile Arc.