Unobtainable skins are very bad for the game

I do believe they should re-run the challenges. It’s free content and they’d not even have to make anything new

But I feel like the ultra premium stuff should stay as it is, AKA pink mercy, blizzcon skins, and preorder Noire Widow

1 Like

I agree with that.

1 Like

We have 6 events a year, and each generate 3 more epic “exclusive” skins
So like 18 locked away skins from just normal events a year.
I think that alone should be changed at least.

1 Like

It is not like they require anything special to obtain. 90% of the playerbase are probably having them because skins is the best that the game can offer and they are fairly easy to obtain too.

His would be to relaunch old skins like Pink Mercy, Widow Noire, among others, but Blizzard … is blizzard.

Even if they are easy to get, that is no excuse to not add them to lootboxes next year.

1 Like

I missed some amazing purple skins like American reaper cause of work. Some of my favorite purple skins are from events it sucks to not be able to get them next year.

I just want a second chance for Noire, Pink, Ilidan and Tyrande…
It makes no sense to lock content like that after a small period of time with no announcement 9f bringing it back in some way.

1 Like

Theres 2 keywords: ALL skins ALL the time.
Even those games dont have ALL skins available sometime after a year has passed, only a few.

I won’t be at all surprised to see Midas Roadhog turn up in a owl vault next year around summertime.
The two owl vaults this year helped a lot of people catch up on what they previously missed out on.

Yea this is the one thing that really bugs me, specifically the seasonal event ones. At the end of the day they’re just more holiday-specific skins, so making it so you can’t even get them for the same holiday in later years, even if its at like double the price like any other new skin, just makes no sense.

1 Like

Some skins should remain unobtainable, but ones like the weekly challenge event skins might be contenders for a comeback one day. I’m talking seasonal events, not Nano Cola or the health pack Bap skin. Just my predictions though

Which means nothing if most people can’t enjoy them. The amount of unobtainable skins will continue to go up, while the amount of people who can’t obtain them will also continue to go up. This means there will be progressively more complaints about them in time. Its a similar case to the mage tower in world of warcraft.

I don’t think you’d find many people wanting it to come back during the game’s end of life in year 5 or whatever and suddenly you have everyone wearing it after playing the game for 5 minutes instead of needing to have supported the game during it’s beginnings

We already have plenty of skins that this has happened with and most people are fine with it.

Sure there is a sense of fear of missing out at play that probably boost sales to a degree.

But you can’t tell me that FOMO numbers out weights all possible future sales for things like the Pink Mercy skin. Let it be a year long exclusive or something like the Sombra Demon hunter skin. Long as your upfront about it when first sold I don’t think any one really have a problem.

I prefer to call it IOMO. Inevitablity of missing out. People take breaks, can’t play at certain times and then you have new players who simply won’t be able to get the old skins ever. Fact is that the amount of people who own overwatch will continue to go up and the amount of unobtainable skins will consistently go up. There will only be more complaints about this as Overwatch continues to grow and these unobtainable mogs are only benefiting the people who have them. It simply amounts to cut content for new folks and sometimes these unobtainable skins are some really amazing and unique themes.

I won’t be at all surprised to see Midas Roadhog turn up in a owl vault next year around summertime.

This is good to hear at least.

2 Likes

No true, F2P games are notorious for having time-exclusive skins that almost never returns. They are collaboration skins/contents that requires the company to license out the skins they are collaborating with each time. While there are times they may collab again, but that does not happen often. Quite often when they do, it is for a new skin and not the old skins / contents.

Maybe. My experience has been with limited games and in those games I’ve seen skins return that seemed at the time to be exclusive. And like I said, I’m not asking for every single skin to be available again at all times, it’s perfectly reasonable for certain skins like pre-order Widow or Breast Cancer Mercy to be forever exclusive. That’s totally fair. But skins that were obtainable by just playing the game during a specific week and have no other special thing tied to them? I think those skins should become available to obtain again every once in a while.

But why not these ones? They’re not some Uber exclusive skins like pre order widow, blizzcon skins, or pink mercy. skins like maestro sigma, doctor mercy, nano cola, medkit baptise, and the weekly event skins shouldn’t just not exist for new people.

2 Likes

Only time I have an issue with limited skins is if it was a p2w skin like with what happened with some of the battle pass skins in apex.

yea, I agree, I hated those.

Yeah i totally agree on this! Unobtainable skins are so dumb and i feel like they should stop doing that.

I pretty much own every skin in the game i believe and the only skins i might be missing out on are blizzcon bastion & winston but i don’t really care about those skins honestly.

But i’m also pretty annoyed when it comes to the items you get from watching twitch streams, i NEVER understood really what you had to do in order to get the pink mercy icon and sprays and the same with d.vas nano cola sprays and i also believe ashe had some sprays i think that i missed out on :thinking:

And imo i feel like it’s important for those items to come back as well because i REALLY REALLY want them on my account and it’s really not fair that you can miss out on amazibg stuff like this just because how badly informed you are :pensive:

2 Likes

Halo: The Master Chief Collection and, when it releases, Halo: Infinite both have battle pass rewards that you will always be able to get regardless of how long it has been or what season it is. This is of course assuming the games stay live forever regardless.

At the very least, I would like the weekly challenge skins to come back.

3 Likes