Unnecessary Zen Nerf

Hanzo and widows dps hitboxes isn’t among the largest projectiles in game. In fact Widow is hitscan and hanzo has the smallest projectile hitbox in game. Zen’s alt fire was among his least skillful abilities.

That’ll be perfect for when I’m combating long range heroes with one-shot potential.

Missclick
20 charssssss

1 Like

Believe what you want man, but he’s getting nerfed because the majority of his extremely long-ranged alt-fire kills are accidents.

4 Likes

Pharah was already hard enough to hit

1 Like

It’s more or less a nerf after an unnecessary right click buff that happened a long time ago.
Back then, he was still a top hero. Nothing will really change.

1 Like

As a zen main I like to say they are planned accidents.

10 Likes

A hero has the potential to get accidental kills? Better remove Junkrat and Hanzo from the game entirely then since their kit lends itself entirely to accidental kills.

8 Likes

Zen is easily the strongest support hero. He has half of Mercy’s heals, a discord orb which will always make him powerful, and one of the only two good defensive ults, which happens to charge faster and be attached to an already stronger hero than Lucio. This nerf changes literally none of that, it just makes you be smarter with the timing of your right clicks.

10 Likes

Well Scatter is already on it’s way out, and people are still complaining about Junkrat so it’s only a matter of time before he’s revisited again.

It’s not just scatter, I can spam arrows at head level as Hanzo and get accidental kills.

1 Like

Junk moreso relies on accidental kills, Hanzo is much more difficult to land accidental kills when his projectile hitbox being so small. Then again Hanzo has been a meta staple of dive for over a year… wait actually zen is the meta staple support of dive.

but it’s fun to get rekt by Tracers which has only one or 2 counters in the game?

Makes sense…

2 Likes

Zen isn’t a staple hero in dive though, he’s picked by circumstance of no other ranged support being viable.

We’ve got Ana in dumpster tier and then Mercy, Lucio, Moira and now Brigitte who are all close range supports.

He’s the least mobile part of the hyper mobile comp, which just makes him into Tracer food, with this rightclick nerf he’s an even easier target.

As it is on live, it’s the only ability besides scatter arrow with the potential to one-shot a tank. I’m honestly okay with that since it requires incredible skill and/or a stationary target to actually do that, but I could easily see why it got a nerf.

You could argue the same thing about Widowmaker, so I don’t really see your point. Yes accidental kills are a thing in OW, but a hero’s playstyle shouldn’t facilitate it to the extent that it worked out with Zen.

Yeah cause something that takes 4 whole second to charge, during which you can’t perform any other actions, can’t possibly be punished. It’s not like most heroes can **** out 200 damage in 2 seconds or less. >_>

6 Likes

More fun than instantly dying upon walking around a corner by someone who didn’t even know you were there, because you can actually do something to avoid getting killed by Tracer. Tracer is annoying and often largely uncontested, but she’s not impossible to deal with.

Because it didn’t, you’re assuming that they are accidental kills, spamming a corner at head level doesn’t equate to accidental kills, they were aiming at that position because enemies were likely going to move through it, it through pure luck.

3 Likes

Zen literally is a staple of dive, though. Discord is absolutely invaluable for divers.