Please delete this..pls

People seem to forget that it was indeed patched out for a brief time on the PTR.

Yes Mercy players complained their Twitter about it being gone-but more importantly with it patched out it messed with the momentum of Bunny-Hop.

If superjump is removed that means Bunny-Hop (a now featured ability) will need to be removed as well.

That’s probably why they haven’t addressed it yet-it’s so intertwined with Bunny-Hop that they’re trying to see if it even can be removed without repercussions.

Bounce then GA to someone. Genji’s ledge dash did nothing at all and people cried for it to be removed just because it was Genji.

Sorry but if one gets removed they all have to 🤷

“They are ‘nerfing’ Moira, not fair, let’s nerf Nerfcy, I mean, Mercy, even more”. :roll_eyes::expressionless:.

1 Like

it pretty much does, considering Mercy has angelic descent, with enough altitude you can reach the skybox and simply float down a long way out, not to mention that mid flight you can simply GA to someone else to even further your distance travelled

Mercy’s angelic descent while at the skybox puts her out of position and in a predictable pattern. Get a hitscan.

3 Likes

I mean… You forget the fact that Mercy is like… way better than Moira

1 Like

it’s not really intertwined with bunny hop, superjump IS bunny hop with vertical direction

The real issue is that bunny hop itself is super long, 15m to be exact, that’s why mercy shoots up into the sky, she “jumps” 15m in the air which is a LOT (for comparison, Bap full charged exoboots is 9m)

They can do one of two things:

1. reduce the impulse given when bunny hopping to 5 - 10m
  2. Remove crouch release action queue and iron out jumping across all heroes, this requires a full on rework on the crouch system (this tech is the responsible for superjump and you can use it also on Winston to hide his footsteps)

The backwards one is typically more harmful than good when it activates accidentally and you’re not going where you want to be going. Bunny hopping was made into an actual feature, so that’s not going anywhere. I don’t know about whether they’ll keep superjump or not, but I hope they do.

Genji could ult from halfway across the map, drop down in the middle of the team with no warning/not much chance to do anything and wipe them. But sure, it did nothing.

2 Likes

She goes straight up…In a meta that favors hitscan/double sniper. It’s honestly not worth it 9 times outta 10 unless in the heat of a team fight and wanting to go up.

2 Likes

That’s just not true and now how things are done.

It pretty much doesn’t. Using Angelic descent to move slowly forward isn’t being “launched across the map”

Dashing to a Pharah and cancelling GA is closer to launching across the map than superjump + Angelic Descent.

1 Like

True, but it’s invaluable when you have no escape besides a teammate right next to you.

Really? If that’s a feature then the other two should probably be safe as well.

Seriously, all these people ignoring that superjumping as Mercy is just asking to be headshot by the enemy Ashe/Widow/McCree/Mei/Hanzo/Soldier/Zen.

That thing is a f*cking deathtrap.

1 Like

Many have insisted Mercy’s been fine for well beyond the last year or so, so if she’s fine then she doesn’t need any further nerfs (which this effectively would be). OWL has officially promoted superjump too. Leave Mercy be if she can’t be improved at all, either due to opposition of some of the community (many of which who probably play against Mercy most of the time), due to OWL or due to the balancing team. She doesn’t deserve any further nerfs. Unfun/disheartening to play against has ruined various things in Overwatch. It’s even a predictable maneuver.

The fleas I suppose.

It’s not even just Overwatch. Throughout all of gaming history lots of “bugs” have went on to become features.

Look at combos in fighting games. It was once a bug that allowed practiced players to rapidly make a string of attacks.

Now, entire games are built around the mechanic.

At this point, it should be clear that the devs are ok with super jump. Insisting it’s a “bug” and therefore must be removed is asinine.

1 Like

15m is decent, but its not really ‘‘A LOT’’. Its literally moira and mercys primary range, its Zarya beam range.

Is this one of your own?

1 Like

Maybe you should be carefull what you ask for, I mean Moira is becoming Meta right now and Both Zarya and Sym just got a beam nerf. Do you want a beam nerf for the sake of consistancy? Cause frankly I don’t see why mora’s beam should reach all the way up into the skybox.

Seriously, this is getting petty, bunny hop was a bug which the developers patched but because it recieved a favourable responce from the playerbase the developers added it officialy.

As for the reverse Ga, this is far more obscure and even Kar Q admits he can’t replicate it consistantly.