Unknown Comms Device

I’m having an issue currently with my headsets (more than one) not being recognized by OW. Both units work from Battlenet though for that chat client, and both provide audio and comms through other comms programs like Discord. When I go to the Sound Options in game it shows comms device selected but input and output device show as “unknown”. When I select the option for Playback Device neither of my headsets show up.

I’ve tried a repair, I’ve disabled the Exclusive Modes which were enabled by default. I’ve checked for driver updates. None of the above have addressed the issue.

If I run the tests from both windows and from bnet the microphone works perfectly.

Are these bluetooth headsets? I saw another thread about bluetooth headsets today, and the staff has determined that some are not compatible with the sound channels needed for Overwatch.

No, both are USB. One is a Razor Kraken 7.1 V2 and the other is Turtle Beach Stealth 700’s

Okay if it doesn’t see either this sounds like a permissions issue. Try these steps and report back Blizzard Support - Setting Default Voice Chat Devices in Windows

Microphone is on, and I did try toggling it off and on again. The battlenet launcher/chat works if I open it and use the same headsets.

I think your next step might be to open a ticket with the staff. They can look over your logs and see what’s happening/why it isn’t recognizing your mic.