Unfortunate the Lucio nerfs were needed

I’ll have to play a bit to fully make a decision, but at first glance, the changes seem to encourage less supporting and more Reddit Lucio… which isn’t a good thing honestly.

2 Likes

That goes with deleting heroes too. Every hero that comes out and exists already should be able to play the game. Deleting heroes doesn’t solve issues with the hero either. Rework them, are give them balance changes.

3 Likes

This. I’m pretty sure Baptiste is just going to replace Lucio in the meta.

Can I say you are, right now, my favorite person on the forums?

1 Like

Where do you see that? I don’t see in any patch notes that he was nerf’d.

as much as I hate seeing the healers get nerfed it was kinda needed they are the ones that made GOATS so strong.

At least my girl Moira got buffed, =w=

I highly doubt that. He strikes me as much more of a DPS enabler then Tanks. I can’t really see what he could bring to the table for Goats that would get ran over even a weakened Lucio.

1 Like

No lie, this patch seems like itll kill GOATS for good. And Baps only solidifies this

I wasn’t referring to goats specifically, just the meta - whatever it is.

They’re removing one character and replacing him with another - in this case to disassemble goats.

I haven’t played competitive seriously since 2017 so I couldn’t care less about goats. I’m just sad they nerfed my boy lmao.

Nerfed…ish?

He’ll be just as fast, just the team around him will be slower. And he’ll get a speed boost when stalling or on heal song.

Plus the general consistency boost to boops is huge for him considering how quick his cooldown is on it.

Upon second glance of the planned patch notes, Geoff did bring up a good point on how the wall ride buff still applies when healing, so perhaps he wont lose too much supporting capability.

1 Like

He’s been looked over for so long, it was about time he received a nerf.

I strongly disagree.

Patchnotes anyone???

wait where in the patch notes does it say lucio was nerfed?

Speed boost from 30% to 20%
Amped boost from 70% to 50%

Wall ride speed gain from 20% to 40%
Boops do consistent max knockback now regardless of how enemy is moving and “movement penalties” (Dva/Orisa shooting, Mercy Rezzing, ect)no longer affect boops.

where was this posted, that’s what im trying to figure out, it isn’t in the patch notes.

Lucio: Father…is it over?
Playerbase: At long last, no king rules forever my son.
Lucio: I see… only darkness before me.

All I’m asking is for a place on the ‘Top Ten Sacrifices in Anime’.

Here are the patch notes: (currently only on PTR)

My prediction is: 80% the meta will still be GOATs, 20% dive or quad-dps, Hammond and Mercy.

Edit: I might add, if the meta will change from GOATs, do not expect it to be sudden, especially at the pro level because they need to experiment a lot to determine the effectiveness of new compositions. Just like how GOATs didn’t exist as soon as Brigitte came out.

He actually enables a lot more than just the one strategy. Personally I’d have seen stacked heals getting nerfed rather than gutting the power of speed boost, but I get why they did it.