Unexpected Server Error affecting specific accounts

Do you think we’ll have to wait until another server maintenance for this? You can see exactly what users have the issue in-game because of the career profile failing to load and it’s not exactly a lot of them. I’ve never seen a bug like this and I’m concerned it’s going to take a lot longer than expected.

I tried logging in about a half dozen times now, and it won’t let me. I tried last night around 11pm CNT. I have tried again today and still can’t play. What gives? Are there too many people? Why can’t I queue myself to play? Am I expected to just keep typing my entire login and auth code over and over until it doesn’t do that?

See Topic- since the latest patch, I’ve been getting “unexpected server error” when trying to start Overwatch. I’ve tried different regions, using a VPN, restarting Battle.Net, scanning the game and checking files, and nothing works- the problem is clearly on Blizzard’s end.

I’m seeing other threads here talking about the same thing, but no acknowledgement from Blizzard either here or on their other support channels (like Twitter).

What’s going on, and when will this be resolved? I don’t want to have to submit a ticket and wait 3 days because this is clearly not an issue specific to me.

Pure speculation here, but it seems to be a server malfunction that’s refusing to pull up certain users information when launching or even from other users in-game.

From an alternate account I was able to see that any account that attempts to log in with this bug will show you them logging in but only with the default player icon and no endorsement or border level next to them. If you attempt to check the player’s profile it will never load. The account DOES still show up on the website and on leaderboards like top 500 (though you can’t load the profile from there either), so I think its solely the game itself.

I tweeted at them at BlizzardCS but I got no reply from them either. You can use another account for now, but accounts affected by this are stuck until Blizzard does something.

I don’t have another account and I’m sure not going to buy another copy of the game.

They need to say what is going on and tell us when it will get fixed.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for reporting this. I was able to confirm that our Overwatch team is aware of this “Unexpected Server Error” which is only affecting certain accounts and they are working on getting it resolved as quickly as possible.

Due to the complexity of the problem this may take several days or more to be resolved. I’m afraid we don’t have a hard ETA that we can provide, but rest assured they are working on getting each account fixed up.

Customer Support is not able to manually fix these accounts, so we ask that you don’t submit tickets about these, however you can continue to keep trying to log in every so often to check if the account is fixed up.

Apologies for the interruption though and we appreciate your patience while the issue is being worked on. If we hear of any updates from the Overwatch team we’ll be sure to post in this thread.

5 Likes

Thanks for the response! I can confirm that my account is fixed as of 8 PM EST!

It actually didn’t take that long thank goodness!

Edit: It appears I’m missing some summer games items and one regular item as well, most of them appear to just be voicelines and a victory pose (missing American Reaper though…) but still are we going to get a fix for that too?

Same issue here since yesterday. Brazil.

Still having the same issue here. Ill sit tight, and hopefully it gets resolved sooner than later.

I can now log in! Yay =]

In Australia and I can’t load the game on my xbox. It keeps saying “Getting your game ready” and then “Something went wrong”. Is this a related issue? Thanks!

I am also getting the same issue. It only seems to be my account, as my husband’s works just fine. We tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, clearing caches, trying different computers, no luck. My friends cannot see my career profile as well. Hopefully this gets fixed soon, but for the time being I will play on my husband’s account.

I am still getting “Unexpected server error” on my account. Any predictions when this will be fixed?

I am also having same problem. Started when the new update with the new DM map came out. I have tried everything. I hope it gets fixed soon :cold_sweat:

When will it be resolved? 4 days without playing

1 Like

Folks, it’s been over 3 days. That’s WAY too long.

You need to get this fixed, because I’d like to be able to play the game I paid for. Seems reasonable.

2 Likes

Mine is still not fixed :confused:

2 Likes

Glad to know I’m not alone.

I did everything Blizzard recommended to fix this. Nothing helped. Really frustrating watching my friends play OW but I can’t even log on.

1 Like

Same here… 4 days without playing, and all other friends have access to OW. Like seriously…

3 Likes

Got a response from blizzards tech team to “wait a day” and try again and I still can’t play. Been 4 days now. Said at the time of my ticket half of the effected accounts are back. I dunno what to do :confused:

2 Likes