Unable to Rejoin Competitive Match

I apologise if this is an intended feature but I’m not sure.

I had some connection problems in a comp match where I kept getting kicked out of the game, and each time I rejoined within 30 seconds. Eventually I received a suspension and I could not join back in.

Surely this is supposed to happen after the match ends? Of course I understand the need for suspensions for leavers, but this blocked me from rejoining my team when I could have.

2 Likes

Sometimes, the game will reconnect but put you on the “Queue selection” screen telling you’re suspended. You have to get back on main screen and you’ll see the first line “Play” is replaced with “Rejoin”.

If it doesn’t, it means you’ve been disconnected for too long (a little less than 2 minutes). If you didn’t do any damage before your DC, the game will automatically be canceled even if you could rejoin (under 30s) and you’ll get suspended.

I’m not sure that if you keep disconnecting if the timer before suspension resets or not.

The suspension kicks right after your disconnection, if you don’t reconnect ; it doesn’t wait for the game to end.

2 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I’ve compiled a list of posts regarding similar bugs under: Competitive Match Disconnection And Temporary Ban. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like