Unable to Play Overwatch from Launcher

Last night I was able to play Overwatch with no difficulties but now my screen cuts to black when I click “Play” on the launcher. After it goes black for a couple seconds the screen goes back to my desktop and the launcher changes from “Playing Now” to “Play” again. I’m able to load all the other Blizzard games just fine on the launcher but for whatever reason Overwatch doesn’t load. I played WoW for a couple hours with no problems.

I’ve tried repairing, uninstalling/reinstalling and deleting the Battlenet cache. It seems that the latest update has caused this issue for me.

The only thing that has changed between yesterday and today is that I’ve downloaded the Overwatch hotfix patch and there was a Windows 10 update.

Anyone else running into this problem?

2 Likes

Just wanted to add that yeah I’m having this problem too. Just updated to 1.29.0.1.51935. I click play and it pretends to try and launch a black screen just to fade away with any errors and act like nothing happened.

I just fixed my problem. It looks like the Razer Synapse app was causing the issue. They just released a new update for that today as well. Once I uninstalled the Razer synapse app from my computer I was able to play the game. Hope that helps!

I found the solution in this thread:

No uninstalling synapse has no effect on the game at all. I uninstalled and nothing has changed. It must’ve been something else.