Unable to join a comp game and then wrongly punished

I was queued into a comp game and then found one, was stuck in the “Joining Game” loading screen so long that the game had already started. So in a haste to try and join the game so I may play, I closed Overwatch and tried to re-open it as fast as possible (As this has been allowed to solve similar loading in bugs without cancelling the game) But alas, the game was immediately canceled despite me being able to get back on the game fast enough (I wasn’t even allowed to TRY and join the game), I was given the standard 50 sr punishment (For a bug!), but the most annoying thing, I was given 15 minutes of suspension instead of the standard 10? Is this how new players are treated?

4 Likes

This exact thing has happened to me for the 3rd time today and this time it took me to the main menu then i rejoined and then it suspended me. I basically am unable to play comp and im suffering from an 8 hour ban now.

It’s still happening to me. I haven’t played Comp, but in QP I’m consistently getting the XP penalty and muted. It’s a bug on their end that’s probably been fixed in the PTR/Dev environment, but it’s only affecting a limited amount so they’ll probably fix it in the next patch.