Unable to find comp games

My account finished 3700 last season, and since the start of season 17 I’ve only been able to find 3 games, each with a queue time of 40+ minutes. I play ps4 on OCE servers where there are a lot less players and about 20 masters total, but even then I would find games in about 5 minutes. These games would almost always be a mix of plats, diamonds and masters. I’ve noticed though that there were no plats in any of the placements I played. Did blizzard change how matchmaking works without saying anything? I understand why they wouldn’t want masters and plats on the same team but I would take a team full of plats over not being able to find a game any day.

5 Likes

Player base is shrinking rapidly just make an alt and dont play so sweaty.

2 Likes

i have an alt acc at 3400 but can barely find games on that either. I get that the player base is shrinking but its the fact that blizzard changed matchmaking when it didn’t need to be changed that’s frustrating.

im a 4100 ps4 OCE player but refuse to play on the server because it takes me up to an hour+ to join an unfair game with a mix of plats diamonds and even golds… blizzard really needs to do something about our server because there are so many players that enjoy overwatch but just cant play anymore because they simply cant find a fair game…

2 Likes

yes exactly! and with the changes they made to comp this new season more people than ever just aren’t bothering to play. Its never been this bad so something needs to be done.

1 Like

Playing OW on the PS4 in Australia is terrible, the player base is so small that master’s players cue for hours just to get games with plats and low diamonds on their team. Me personally I’m a about 3300 player on the servers (Australia and NZ but out leaderboards are America’s) and I cannot cue into a game with a whole team similar to my sr. It’s ridiculous I’m always playing with a mix of plats diamonds and master’s. Idk what can be done exactly to fix this but either make the game free to play or by merging us with Asian servers would work forget the language barrier I want a bigger player base. Please and Thankyou Jeff’s

2 Likes

It’s because of what server you play on, there isn’t a lot of people on there. (Which isn’t Blizzard’s fault) Switch your server region to find more matches.

Thats the whole reason I’m making this post. Sure our region was small before, but we could still find games. After season 17 started its become impossible to find games bc of some unannounced change so something needs to be done about it. I know it isn’t blizzards fault but It isn’t fair for OCE players to be forced to region switch (which is less than ideal) just to play the game.

100% agree with joining Asian servers :slight_smile:

1 Like

its not easy to switch servers on console

Blizzard can’t do anything about people who stop playing their games, no company can.

Yea I know, just throwing that out there for PC players.

1 Like

you’re right, but my point is that blizzard made a change to competitive matchmaking that’s meant that masters can’t find games on our server anymore, when only a couple days ago it was fine.

I havent even bothered tryharding in comp since season 9. Even back then i was always getting 15-70 minute queue times at 3700

1 Like

Im 4240 on OCE ps4 and i find GM games in 5 mins, dunno what you’re on about?

1 Like

Everyone is smurfing in bronze.

Where did they ever say they made a change like this?