UMMM what happened to the Mei statue?

for some reason all traces of it have been deleted from blizzard’s site

https://gear.blizzard.com/us/overwatch-mei-statue

here’s proof that it existed

https://web.archive.org/web/20190901191014/https://gear.blizzard.com/us/overwatch-mei-statue

Wasn’t it a pre order thing? maybe you had to pre order in a certain time before you couldn’t buy it

3 Likes

New vendor for the shop, by looks of it they won’t show anything not actually released, the Lucio statue is also missing.

3 Likes

I’d say with the current events going on and symbolism being built up behind her could be a bad thing. “Our world is worth fighting for.”

I believe pre-orders ended. Also note, the Blizzard Gear store has moved to a new distribution platform and is now handled by Fanatics (just like shop.overwatchleague.com). The Fanatics store at this time does not support preorders. I am going to guess that the statue may be available again when it is actually released.

3 Likes

Any other store would still have the listing, but put down sold out or pre-ordering window closed. The statue is straight up missing.

There is a problem with pre-orders being on the website since the new site.

All the other pre-orders for things don’t exist either. E.G Lucio Statue.

It has something to do with the new Layout…

I can’t even access the American gear store anymore with all the reaper stuff… I’m forced to use the EU store now which has less stuff and the Regal reaper shirt will never come to europe… it’s not been here for 2 yrs.

1 Like

Yes yes, tin foil hats and all that

2 Likes

You don’t understand, this is a WHOLE NEW store. New domain name, new distributor. The old listing was on the old store.

2 Likes

Do you know if they will update it so non-Americans can access the US store again? There are many things that won’t be available in Europe that I planned on buying for myself.

I need that long sleeve reaper shirt so bad, I was waiting for a sale on it! but it’s only ever been on the NA website, same as the voice line hoodie and Sigil reaper shirt… now I’ll never own them if i am region locked :frowning:

I don’t know, that would have to be referred to Fanatic themselves at this point.

Ok thank you anyway. I just thought I’d ask as I don’t keep up with the OW stuff really aside the store as I constantly check for new Moira/Reaper stuff.

And this statue was only recently made, yet they didn’t think to consider that?

My advice is also keeping checking other outlets like Amazon for your local market, you never know what might be available in your area.

1 Like

they don’t sell that stuff here. Our game stores in England are very lacking.

We have some Overwatch stuff… but it’s like OWL 2018 t-shirts, Cute But Deadly and funko pops lol :frowning:

I had to rely on the US store to get a lot of my merchandise ahhh…

Once the Mei statue is released, it will likely be listed on the new store, remember it was only in the a pre-order state on the old website. Again, everything about the Blizzard Gear store has completely changed.

Taking off the MVP cap.

I personally don’t like the move to Fanatics. I am not impressed with the quality of goods when they took over the Overwatch League merchandise, and while a majority of current items is the leftover stock from the old gear store, I am worried new items (except for licensed items like Funko Pop Figures and Legos) will be of lesser quality. For example, I replaced my Overwatch League T-Shirt and it tore within a week (my older one had is graphics start to fade, but it is still a reliable shirt).

Putting on the MVP cap.

As far as the Mei statue or any other items like that, I am suspecting they will return to the store again, when they are fully released.

2 Likes

I also don’t care for fanatics, but it just seemed too coincidental that people can’t order the Mei statue around the same time she’s used as a #FreeHongKong icon.

OMG. they literally just told you why its gone. Its not just the mei statue so is the Lucio one as well?! That must mean he’s apart of this drama as well riiiiiggght.

And if we go by what your trying to say why did they leave her other merch? if they didnt’ want her statue because of hk drama why leave her other merch.

Using other ow heroes as icons is most likely going to be the next step.