Two Current Competitive Seasons: OW2

On Competitive Role Queue I have been playing alone and with my friend. Overwatch has recognised this as two separate seasons. This meant I had to win over 20 games to get ranked twice in support. When I solo queued I was ranked silver 4 and when I queued with my friend I was ranked Silver 5.

Since then I have mostly been playing with my friend and ranked up to Plat 5, however, when I solo queue my rank still says i’m Silver.

My career profile also doesn’t reflect either competitive season correctly. It says I have played my main for 8 mins despite me winning enough games to rank up 5 times.

This is really frustrating as I’m unsure what rank I will be left with next season.

3 Likes

I am alsp currently having the same issue with my dps placements. I have won 7 games over 7 times. One of my ( current competitive seasons ) is gold 3. And my other is plat 4. But when i places plat 4. And won 7 matches after that it went back to the gold 3 and is ranking that competitive season? @blizzard please resond and let me know what the issue is or how your gonna fix it

1 Like

I’ve just won 7 games in Support (weeks into placing and moving up the ranks in general) and I was on Diamond 2… now it’s suddenly made me do placements again half way through a season and I’m Platinum 1?! There’s two current competitive seasons and I’ve placed twice. No idea why it’s suddenly started counting my wins into a separate competitive rank but now I don’t know what to do…

1 Like

It all goes with crossplay. You entered two separate comp pools with and without crossplay enabled. Had the same issue for a while which got me really frustrated until i opted in with both crossplay on and off which showed me diff ranks.

1 Like

I guess this makes sense but it’s really frustrating as since posting this in the second season it took my solo queue rank of gold and scrapped my platinum rank. Since season 3 has just came out i’m now having even more issues. My rank is no longer split but I ranked up to Gold 1 in support in season 2 and since i’ve logged on for the first time in season 3 it says i’m already ranked in all competitive game modes and my rank for support role queue is Gold 4.

Just wish Blizzard would fix this bugged ranking system. ;(

2 Likes

Linking my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment.