Twitch viewers: OW's is a rounding error of Apex'

I know, its like if people want to play and watch the newest mainstream game!

dont worry, give it a month and we are back on the 20k viewers again.

What will you say about AL when the next BR game comes out and its numbers drop?

Competition is a great thing. Expect Overwatch to become an even better game as a result of such a fantastic launch for Apex. I just foresee more skins, lore and events/updates to come for Overwatch. Nothing to be negative about at all.

The majority of famous Overwatch streamers are dps players and the class has fallen into irrelevancy since Brigitte was introduced.

No wonder people dropped the game for an actual shoot and kill experience instead of ’ whoever charges Ultimate first wins because nothing else dies fast enough by simply shooting them '.

They needed a reason to drop the game and took it just like that. I hope it’s not a simple break either because apparently, Blizzard needs to lose a lot in order to wake up.

Kudos to Tetris for beating Overwatch in views yesterday.

I am guessing you were watching Tetris?

You know you can actually just browse the main page, right ?

Then again, I would rather watch Tetris than the snorefest that is Goats meta. Sad that I missed the Tetris streams yesterday, but definitely not sad that I will be missing OWL streams.

1 Like

Don’t take it too seriously, I was pulling your leg. If you don’t like OWL, that’s fine, but you don’t need to denigrate it in the process, others enjoy it.

A ton of Overwatch pros aren’t steaming due to the OWL.

Give it about 11 hours.

What I criticized in both of my previous comments are the state of the game, not OWL as if it’s something bad for the game. I am watching twitch every day and I would love for Overwatch to have presence in it but the game is honestly really a miserable experience for pretty much the majority of the player base for various reasons. 90% of my follower list are Overwatch streamers and they don’t even play it the past two weeks.

I will repeat it again – the reason why people switch to Apex is because it’s an actual fps experience, a trait Overwatch lost the past year. That is something that it has to do with the state of the game in high ranked play.

Streamers left the ship because the game is stale in a meta that has nothing to do about shooting anymore and the pro players ’ meme ’ it also as they have no other ‘gentle’ ways to say that the game is under a second crisis, with Mercy meta being the first.

I can already guess what will happen today. People will tune in to say what’s in store for the first day, GOATS will happen, everyone in chat will spam “gr” and every other negative thing about the compositions and within a week the viewership will drop except the days Dafran plays. That’s it.

Explain how League of Legends and DotA2 has managed to be consistently top 5 most watched games after all these years then.

it was the same with fortnite and black ops 4 new game streamers gonna play it for the viewers and $$$$ then when it dies down they gonna play their usual games they stream. However, Apex has probably the biggest jump on release than fornite because Apex is FREE and more polish almost complete < big reason tbh. So honestly I can see apex being at the top for a few more months then I think ill slowly die down…but will still be the top BR game

I’m fairly certain the content creators have to disclose when they’re being paid by a company to play or endorse a game.

1 Like

bUt wHaT aBoUt OwL?

So what you did was just claim, based on nothing, that Seagull has been paid off to stream Apex Legends?
Are you insane?

As I said, the pro Overwatch players love AL and play it alot. If you watch any of the pro streamers (Seagull, Dafran, xQC etc.) they are all playing and grouping up with other pros (non-streamers).
Seagull is playing it because he loves it, and he is playing it with his pro friends.

I can’t those games are exceptions and not normal in terms of longevity & popularity, most games dip after time.