Twitch connected to my Blizzard account but not vice versa?

Hey, I sat and watched 4 hours of streams, made sure constantly that I’m getting percentages, it obviously affected my working day. I claimed it - an hour passed - nothing.

Now I went into the forums again and saw someone saying that his Blizzard Account wasn’t connected to Twitch from Blizzard’s side. I checked mine (even though I did connect it before, I remember) and even though on Twitch my account with my account name and ID were connected, it wasn’t on my Blizzard account settings.

Did I waste so much time today for nothing? Is my beta claim lost now because of this BS? I’ve been waiting for an hour an a half, beyond the 4 hours of watching and waiting already.

This is really annoying and undeserved.

1 Like

Possibly. Try connecting them now to see if you get an invite later when server congestion clears.

I already did. This makes no sense that I need to run around so much for this, it’s almost been two hours, who can I turn to? You can’t just waste people’s time like this, look how many people didn’t get the claim and wasted hours of their lives

Watching the streams for beta access is a voluntary activity. Codes are taking hours to arrive for some people. Nothing to do but wait.

its not “voluntary”… this is the suffering we have to go through to get into the beta =\

1 Like

I don’t blame you Nicole, obviously. But respecting people’s time - especially if it’s voluntary - while promising something in return for them giving them said time, is a basic thing you’d expect as a client and especially as a loyal fanbase.

I would expect Blizzard to at least officially address it, and promise to check and provide solutions for people who had this weird connection from blizzard to Twitch issue, and not keep people guessing and hoping while checking their accounts for hours. Me buying Blizzard games is also a voluntary activity…

2 Likes

They did

That does not address the issue I am referring to, quite obviously. I’ll quote myself:

I would expect Blizzard to at least officially address it, and promise to check and provide solutions for people who had this weird connection from blizzard to Twitch issue

I didn’t have my Blizzard account connected to Twitch (even though it was before - I made sure) which is a problem on Blizzard’s side. I don’t care if I should receive it if I wait. I care if I did everything and I needed to and was promised something, and then being told that it was voluntary and maybe I won’t get anything after all because of a technical issue that has nothing to do with me.

I get that you deal with a lot of complaints right now, but it doesn’t mean anyone deserves this attitude. What I’m saying has logic behind it and not just plain impatience, I want to know if I’m supposed to even wait for something and I want Blizzard to address it at least so that me and thousands of others that dedicated half of their working day (not to mention people who took a day off for this) will know. It’s basic courtesy.

1 Like

Aren’t you guys embarassed? You should be.

You’re reading something that isn’t there. I’m spending time trying to help people freaked out about access not appearing instantly and other things I know the answers to. Plus, I’m a forum volunteer, so while I can read your complaints, I can’t force staff to tweet or post alerts to satisfy this request.

Me? Nah, I don’t work here.

As I said, I don’t blame you for anything at all. I got it, you’re a volunteer. I’m commenting here hoping that Blizzard staff also read things on their own forums. It’s not addressed towards you, really. I’m not freaked out at all, just disappointed and trying to get someone to resolve this for a lot of disappointed people…

1 Like

The staff responsible for orchestrating the beta (developers) don’t generally read this forum, and the support staff doesn’t pass anything from here to developers. However, I think they’re aware tons of people are unhappy with the tickets and tweets coming in expressing discontent with colorful language.

1 Like
1 Like

Great, thanks for the update

i have my drop and connected my twitch to my account and vice versa, but i couldnt claim until after work about 20 min ago. Am I too late? did i wait too long to claim it?

I have no idea if there’s a time limit for claiming. Check the guide in General Discussion.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.