Tweaks to help Hero balance

Sombra:

It already hard for the team do react on Hack with the current 6 seconds so No.

Would make hack inconsistent it follows the rules like it should so No.

Dmg buffs would make her Pro only problem even harder so No.

Yes and no just bring it back to the 20s from before (so basically revert the 1.26 changes) this would solve her Pro only problem.

Read this for more: Sombra's (Balance) problem

Hog:

Wouldnt that make it feel pretty weird with the animation Idk?

Soldier:

A little to fast IMO but well he needs some tweaking.

Doom:

Does he really need that I think he is quite fine how he is just fix his bugs

Symmetra

No?

Rein:

Would that mean he gets slower pulled into grav or only halfway? and wouldn’t that be bad when he can’t shield his team?

Mcree:

He really doesn’t need that just rework his ult to be useful and he is fine.
Armor ignoring shots would not be healthy for the game

Hanzo:

That or give it a big dmg falloff so he can’t kill you miles away with it.

Reaper:

Maybe a little to much just remove crits so Widow or Hanzo can’t instantly kill him anymore.

1 Like

This is a great set, lots of counter balancing. The brig nerf will catch you some flak from her mains, but honestly if this were a patch I guarantee half of the people who left the game in the past 6 months would come back.

1 Like

Schwinix

dude.

do you stock me or something?

every time i mention changes to sombra you always find my post and criticize it

i get shes your main

but please take all the changes into account when you do criticize me. most of the nerfs are offset with buffs in other aspects the hero is lacking in.

also it seem, so far, you are the only one to outright criticize everything on my list. everyone else , so far, likes it, or has one discrepancy with one character.

all you do on any of my posts is criticize everything, try building onto it.

thank you for you thoughts. but i reject them all :smiley:

I replied to you twice I think I barely can remember you from yesterday. I have people I talk way more too and disagree way more with on these forums but I’m on a lot so you will see me a lot get used to it :P.

Well, I’m on this Forum’s for 2 things

1. Balance (Yes mostly Sombra’s Balance but overall balance too)

2. Sombra Bugs I search find and Post them.

Yes.

I did just that I took ideas and said whenever I disagree and whenever I did not.

So far with the 8 post’s in this thread 2 agreed but did not go into detail and 2 disagreed in some areas (Including me) and the rest if from you.

Criticizing is part of a good discussion if no one criticizing your idea’s they would be in the game a long time ago learn to live with people that don’t agree with everything you say.

Even I did not disagree with everything just with what I pointed out.

You should because its my fair and outright opinion if you don’t even read them you should not start such a discussion

All together no I don’t stock you just because we had a discussion once about how Sombra’s Hack works and I’m here now (In which I felt insulted by you if I remember correctly btw.) Criticizing is naturall if two indivituals have diffrent opinions and you will see that alot more and alot worse. I did never interact with you toxic or insulted you in anyway so I don’t understand your argument right now?

i just read you post on the Sombra (balance) problem.

All you did was buff her in nearly everyway when, in high ranks, and yes the pro scene, she is incredibly overpowered.

You state that the reason why she is so strong is because of her infinite stealth and complete gloss over the fact that hack is the strongest CC in the game.

infinite stealth is not the problem at all. its annoying, but so is anti-nade.

Hack is the reason why she is so strong. the inablilty to use and abilities for 6 seconds in incredibly strong.

you said that it doesnt need to be reduced. because

This wouldnt be an issue if you used voice chat and actually contributed to the team. instead of flaming them, or getting upset when they dont react to a hack you didnt tell them about.

The whole point of sombra is to a team player and play maker. She cant perform at her best without team coordination. yet another reason why she is op in the pro scene.

im not going to get into this conversation about hacking brigs passive with you again because its been beaten into a bloody pulp with no constructive outcome.

The damage buff the you claim

wouldnt occur as, its not in addition to hack. agaisn your not taking the entirety of the changes when thinking about this. also, if you read in the comments i compromised with someone who criticized the sombra changes.

that is called CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICIZISM. something that seems to be a foreign concept to you.

criticizing for the sake of criticizing fixes nothing. it creates a toxic environment.

if you search for and post bugs on sombra, then stick to the bugs forum

and no offence but i would rather take the opinion of a pro, who has been playing the game longer then you, at a high degree then you, and has a better understanding of the game then you, then take the opinion of someone who criticizes every suggestion to sombra that isnt there own.

you even said yourself that you dont play alot of ranked. so i dont think you really understand the full gravity of how sombra can perfom in a coordinated environment.

You said that sombra is “fine” in GM when she has a 55% winrate. the 5th highest at that level with a pickrate above 1.5%

again, every pro, Surefour, Zachareee, Sinatraa, Seagull, Muma, Literally everyone that is in the OWL (the highest level of pro play) calls her OP.

but i guess because you dont think that it isnt the fact.

and she has more bugs then DF??? kappa right?

Okey here I go again.

She is good but not overpowered the point of my Post was to change that.

I nerfed her by removing 1.26 and buffed her with increased base movement speed.
The visuals are a mere QoL change that should have been made long ago.

Yes, its a strong CC but one question: Why wasn’t she strong before 1.26 and just after Hack did not change one bit?

It is in Pro play. Scouting is only strong there where the teamplay is extremely good thanks to a lot of practise together. That is not possible on Ladder.

In ladder it only made her slower.

No, it’s not. Hack is merely annoying to the ones that get hard countered by it.

I’m in voice even in QP but that does not fix the problem that the team has only 6s to kill the target that means hearing it finding it and killing it 6s.

Why do you instantly think I do not? don’t just assume things out of the blue.

If one teammate isn’t in voice chat you loose as good as 1/6 of you’re strength as Sombra.

Yes I got over that already but that bring the same question as before: Why wasn’t She strong before 1.26?

The only thing that happened was that you did not find any counterargument and started insulting me… You just ignored all my points so you’re view does not get obstructed…

I did but his and my point still stay’s Sombra need way more Tracking than any other Hero the Pro’s that mastered that Tracking can put out way more dmg as we on ladder which have problems with it so increasing her DMG would make her strong in Pro then it would on Ladder.

???
???
???
I didnt do that I took your Idea and criticized it based on my Opinion and Knowleght I criticized it because I did not agree whats totaly normal…

I’m active there I have a post:

But I’m also here because of the balance how I said:

This pro also called Winston, Doomfist and Ana OP its clear that he was overdoing it on purpes…

Not alot. Not that I did not I play Sombra over 250h now and since launch and always could keep up with eveything that happens to her. Also I’m analizing proplay since we have it in Overwatch. I can say for myself that I clearly understand what and how Sombra works in Pro play.

They call her Strong because of what I mention in my post not because of Hack tho.

I don’t quite understand you’re points what you change on Sombra would make her much Stronger then my suggsetions would…
All what your changes would do would make her way stronger at Pro level but would make her about the same on Ladder.

Why do you try to buff her that way?

She does. Cut and try the post I linked above shows you 30 I found since 1.26 but it does by far not include all of her bugs esspazialy the out of map gliches she has on litterly any map multiple.

Then all the diffrent Hack Los bugs which I include 2 or 3 I think.

She is by FAR the most bugged Hero I know the 40+ bug video of doom but even there the bug with Sombra is not a Doom bug its a Los bug of Sombra.

One other thing I don’t understand:
You say you would trust Pro’s more then me when they say she is Overpowered and I say she is just Strong in Pro play but then you go on and buff her way harder then I do?

you are not contributing to the original post. if you continue to veer off the topic of the original post then i will have to flag you comments as spam, or trolling.

if you dont have anything to build on the idea, then please leave the post.

Criticizing for the sake of criticizing is promoting a toxic environment. if you must criticize given a reason to your criticism and allow people to rebut your criticism or you will be flagged.

Thank you and have a nice day :smiley:

Do so I’m continuing the discussion you started after I shared my Opinion on it that isn’t against the CoC (you would now that if you read them) so I’m saved.

I did you ignored it and called be a stocker…

I did whatever you are trying to do right now is:

(btw I never interacted to you in a toxic or insulting way the only one that did was you.)

Thank you and you too.
Let this not change you’re opinion of any discussion we may have in the further and lets keep on Facts and the right to have an Opinion to something.

But if you can’t take a normal opinion based Criticizing you may leave because you will meet people that will be Toxic and will start insulting if you can’t handly even me (I’m neither Toxic nor do I Criticizing for the sake of criticizing how you call it)

Point stays don’t start a Discussion if you can’t have people disagreeing with you.

how bout, you dont go on any of my posts, and i wont go on any posts of yours.

leave me alone, and ill leave you alone.

(just a tip, work on your english, or your typing. it seems that you are very young, or haven’t been speaking english very long and it is a little hard to understand the points your trying to make.)

Go on my post if you want share your opinion if you want I will not ignore it but I will take it and try to explain you why I disagree.
I will do the same when I See you’re Post

I will not just ignore anything you say so should you not just ignore anything I say.

I have dyslexia that’s why my English spelling isn’t that great I did go into curses when I was a Kid So if I’m not fully concentrating onto typing everything correct (Or I’m doing something else at the same time as I do right now I’m Drawing) and Grammarly can take me only so far I hope you can understand that.

Added to that I’m German so I only speak english about 11/17 years in which I only really started to love and read English more in the Last 3 years.

A lot of these I agree with. Your Symmetra ideas ABSOLUTELY not.

im sorry but as its you grammer that is the issue, not you spelling, dyslexia isnt an excuse. being german makes sense.

but as neither of us can prove or disprove any of these claims then both posts are irrelevent. and i apologize for making an irrelevent post.

the reason why i suggested that we leave each other alone, is because everytime you commnet on one of my posts is dissolves into an off-topic argument. this is constructive to anything related to the post and shouldnt happen.

I have never commented on any of your post, mostly because i have things to do and i dont spend all day on the forums and miss it.

i will not post on anything you have to say. and i would ask you to respect my wishes and do the same.

That’s why I said this should not change our views on the further discussion normally if we would have continued on my first reply we would never have this off-topic discussion.

I too I have work I draw and play but I also have fun being in the Forum’s and Discuss things about the game I love.

I will about now that was the last thing I wanted to say so I will take my leave thanks for staying mostly friendly I respect you for that there are not a lot of people that can do that.

if not then please tell me why. i am open to your opinion if you are willing to explain your reasoning.

Criticizing for the sake of criticism isn’t constructive.

So make them essentially as flimsy as old turrets plus no slow in exchange for a turret nest equaling an old turret nest in terms of dps and 1 second less charge time assuming 100% accuracy? No.

1 Like

Primarily I disagree with the turret changes as a whole. First off, 150dps a second on turrets is way more than enough, and it doesn’t need to be increased. Secondly, the whole point of the 30 hp is to make it specifically much harder for certain heroes to kill, or give them just long enough to get another tick off.

Reducing them to 15 HP may as well be putting them back at 1 for the majority of situations.

Removing the slow defeats the purpose of their primary use, which is an alert and safety net for your team. The slow is actually the scary part for many characters in the game. It’s also designed to allow you or your team to focus the target better.

I’d personally either want the shield eating gimmick of her left click removed to allow the ability to just be buffed overall to a stronger state, or make the shield eating gimmick actually good enough to deal with the tanks with said shields who usually just kill her if she tries.

Like for example, her Lazer when hitting a barrier now absorbs some of the barriers energy, giving her a short lasting personal barrier based on the damage she does to shields. This allows her to be an active threat to shield based tanks, which seems to be what they wanted.

Thank you for your feedback.

• i suggested a reduce turret health due to the fact that, with the increased dps, any character with 200 hp or less (approx. 60% of the current 28 hero roster) would have just a little more then 1 second to kill all the turrets or to get out off the 10 m range to take out all of the turrets with out taking any damage.

• The 1 second less charge, assuming 100% accuracy because i assumed that, given the range of her primary fire, she would most likely be hitting tanks. therefore her accuracy would be much higher then if she was shooting at smaller targets. and that the average increase in dps over 10 seconds is approximatly a 50% increase. (again assuming 100% accuracy)

• i chose to remove the slow as it doesnt really fit the rest of her kit or lore. (since when can light slow?) it seemed to me that they gave her the slow for absolutely no reason

im intrigued with this. what if using left click against barriers halfed her charge rate?

And i understand that but your giving the turrets 2 major nerfs (these are major) in exchange for a 30 dps increase assuming a nest which is only a .2 second increase in ttk on the 200 hp heroes (less on a character like tracer or baby d.va) and combine that with the other buff which just makes the already highly situational beam a little less situational it’s just an overall nerf on a character that doesn’t need it, you’d have to suggest one or more buffs to offset this say longer beam range less ticks on beam but same dps to help it against armor or just extra shield hp so she can fight with it more often since its a close range weapon mayby a shorter cast time on the teleporter so it can work better as an in and out tool or even giving her shield generator back as an option with the ability to destroy it at will by pressing the ultimate button than interact so you can start building the wall if you change your mind

I have to admit, i dont really play sym very much. so i dont know the ins and outs of her kit.

all i can go off of is what people think is a reasonable change (nerf turret damage, buff sym left click, etc)

as for the removal of the slow, i got to be honest, i hate having to deal with a constant slow and ticking damage in a middle of a team fight only to die to a turret because my team is focusing on killing the enemy team and having every instance of tick damage granting a load of ult charge to sym even when she is dead.

it seems a little cheap to me to gain 30% ult charge while your dead when your turrets are killing everything. same goes for torb, but as torb is getting a rework soon i chose not to include him in this list.

AAAAANNNNDDD there goes my faith in this post…

2 Likes