Turned to Ashes

Hello everyone! I just posted a new montage, this one featuring the latest hero, Ashe! She’s very fun, and I put together some of my better recent clips since she went live. I do only play her in FFA atm, due to the fact that it’s rare to get her in QP, and she isn’t live in Comp yet either. I do plan to have one of her in QP, but not yet. I’m sorry if you find the video boring or dull due to the map, but hopefully the gameplay and music make up for it!!! The quality does get better, the first 10 seconds are always really hard to see, but after that it clears up. Thank you for watching!

1 Like

Say it with me everyone: s e l f a d v e r t i s e m e n t

7 Likes

S e l f a d v e r t i s e m e n t.

I just wanted to show everyone what I made. You don’t have to watch it :stuck_out_tongue:

This is general discussion, not general promotion.

6 Likes

I’m discussing my video, you don’t have to be here :stuck_out_tongue:

Unless it’s a discussion about either FFA, Ashe, or the game itself, then it’s alright.
However, you are just promoting your video and that’s about it.

5 Likes

It’s an Overwatch video… I’m not trying to promote it, I’m just trying to show it.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh

You’re trying to promote.

1 Like

Oof, tough crowd…

There’s a difference between showing people a video and promoting it…

I’m not plastering it everywhere, trying to get everyone to watch it, I’m just placing it somewhere, to show it off. If I were promoting it, it would be everywhere, and I would be trying to convince people to watch it. I gave a bit of backround, and just the video.

pro·mote

/prəˈmōt/

verb

further the progress of (something, especially a cause, venture, or aim); support or actively encourage.

If you weren’t promoting it, you wouldn’t have posted it here. You’re trying to get people to watch it. I’m pretty sure thats against forum rules too.

Well the overwatch discussion welcome forum post did say

I guess you’re in the right for posting the video. As long as the post is made for discussion about either of the three topics.

Calm down guys…
Maybe there should be a content sharing section of these forums.

Have you ever looked at the rules, first of all? I just combed through them, and there was nothing against it. The only rule for advertising is if it’s not Overwatch/Blizzard related, which my video clearly is.

I mean, anyone can discuss the video… I looked through the rules again, because I’ve posted montages before with nothing happening, and I thought it was allowed. It says " * Any non-beneficial, non-Blizzard related businesses, organizations, or websites".

2 Likes

You’re a really bitter mean person. they’re just showing their montage off, which many popular forum users do a lot, it’s overwatch related and they aren’t promoting their social media

….and not spamming. Don’t forget the spamming.

(….and, so far, I didn’t see any spamming here.)

1 Like

Oh well alright.
You have a nice video montage and Ashe is a pretty fun hero in FFA.

Another one was
“advance or raise (someone) to a higher position or rank.”
I’m not advancing my video in any way by putting it in the forums, I’m simply showing it off. I’m not raising the status of the video by putting it hero, I’m simply putting it here to show it off. If it’s promotion in your eyes, fine, but you don’t need to be here if you don’t want to be. It’s not against the rules, I’ve checked before putting several montages/video clips on here, and none of my other videos have gotten any flak or trouble caused by Blizzard.

1 Like

I liked the video, but it needs more Bob. For an Ashe centered video, it had like 4 uses of Bob, and he was always off screen. WHERE IS BOB?