Trying to use a graphics card the doesn't exist

Hello all, I am having trouble with my games usage of my graphics card.

I have been playing Overwatch since launch and have had no trouble running it. (Usually about 70 frames per second consistently)

But recently whenever I start up Overwatch the frames start at about 70 like normal then plummet to about 8-12 frames per second.

I checked the options menu and it says in the top left GEFORCE GTX 965M which is the graphics card I currently have installed in my PC that I have had since I started playing Overwatch. I wasn’t quite sure why my FPS were so bad because it had been working fine for years now.

Recently though I have checked task manager to see what it has to say. But surprisingly it mentions that my GPU is only about 8% usage. This obviously isn’t right because running Overwatch should at least bump it up to about 60%. But once I check Performance it says I have two GPUs. Now this is nonsense because I only have one graphics card in my PC and Overwatch says it is using my GTX 965M. Even more strange is that the GPU that doesn’t exist is at 100% usage.

So what I am left to believe is that Overwatch is attempting to use what is called Intel® HD Graphics 530 and not my GeForce GTX 965M. I checked for a setting that allows you to change what Graphics card you want to use but my findings came up short.

If anyone could help me find a way to get Overwatch to go back to using my GTX 965M that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advanced.

I forgot to mention I have just tried lowering my detail settings to as low as possible but this still came up short.

These steps should help: