Trying to Update when there is no update to be had

Looks like there’s an issue due to the use of languages other than English. I just managed to start the game after I deleted ProgramData\Battle.net and chose to install in English.

2 Likes

ill try and update this comment with what happens

1 Like

it looks like you are right. When I changed the version to English, everything works.

3 Likes

my version is in english and is still not working

After reinstalling, I can confirm Overwatch works.
Jesus.

2 Likes

you had the game in another language before?

Can confirm, re install OW and it works

bru my wifi is slow af this is awful

Yes i have other language .

switching from english to another doesn’t seem to be working

Not just switch. Delete the directory from ProgramData then run Battle.net and choose to install in English.

1 Like

where is that folder?

is located at C:\ProgramData\Battle.net

2 Likes

ah sorry, i have the computer in another language

edit: yes it worked! thank you very much

2 Likes

Hey there, sorry for the problem. We pushed a small build update that unfortunately had an issue, and we’ve reverted back to the older build for now. Updating should work correctly for everyone now.

6 Likes

It still sorta broken, I update and restart and it comes back saying there’s still an update to apply.

edit: just did a 3rd time and seems to have worked.

I was able to successfully update to 1.72.0.0.100234 are you still having problems updating?

I uninstalled B-net app and reinstalled. And was able to successfully uninstall overwatch. But now when I try to re-install. It still says “waiting for another update” wtf?? Now I have no overwatch. What are the devs doing?

It says I’m up to date but there’s no experimental card, version is 1.72.0.0.100234.
Tried switching languages and even did a full reinstall, still no experimental card.

Edit: Update just went through

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.