Try saying doom is not op while

OP, just one question.

If Doom is that OP, then why almost every Doomfist user in Top500 was already the part of Top500 before the meta came?

Doomfist is not OP. Hes enabled by the meta.

Super easy answer: A good 90% of T500s couldn’t get there without abusing OP heroes (or at least they didn’t choose to).
Look at T500 Damage. Pick someone randomly. There’s a very good chance they abuse Doom now, and last season they were mostly Doom/Widow, then before that they mained Widow, then Widow, then Widow, then Hanzo, then Brig, then Hog… you get the idea.

Nothing but OP heroes (at that time) as far as the eye can see. ‘Skill’ at higher ranks, in all pvp games, is almost entirely just, “Who can abuse the most broken characters better?”

2 Likes

Kragie’s opinion on Doomfist, “it’s still overpowered with the nerf”:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ObedientRacyLasagnaSeemsGood

1 Like

Did you even read the comments or simply ignored them?

“In all pvp games”

For instance?

DF is about to get nerfed, isn’t he? His Rocket Punch max charge time is being increased by 40%. That sounds like a lot.

From the current PTR patch notes:

he litterally said scroll through top500. Heck, change it to only dps and scroll through top 500 and itss crazy how much he is used.

Doom is op but its not all because he needs to be nerfed, its the meta. The most nerf he needs rn is maybe a bit of shield gain reduction to make him less tanky but the main nerf needs to be to double shield. The people who counter doom can’t be played because of double shield and doom ignores shield so a game with a bunch of shields is perfect for a doom to thrive, its moreso the stuff surrounding doom that is the problem and not all doom himself.

Doom is not OP. I’m not looking at the leaderboards right now, but I’ve seen them before. He’s a symptom of double shield.

Obvious low quality bait is obvious. Imagine saying Doom is

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

The amount of complaining about Doom does show that he is not fun to play against. Balanced, imbalanced, whatever. Doom is just not fun to play against. He has been a constant source of threads venting frustration.

1 Like

He is especially unfun to play against as a healer or tank… the two roles the game needs more of… Sym is very similar btw

I think this is the exact reason theres sooo many complaints against him. He’s completely unfun to play against. And, thats the issue w/alot of the heroes they’ve created or had in the game from beginning.

The simple fact you’re dead before you can even register you’re in trouble builds the frustration. One of the most frustrating things about DF, esp in low elo, is that, DF sees you w/in his range, more times than not you die. He’s a more forgiving widow basically.

What’s your channel, I need to see this

1 Like

Dont worry doom first nerfs incoming, finally i have been waiting for blizzard to dumpster this hero. Tho tracer is gonna be picked more since her damage fall off range will increased

Doomfist is a symptom of the meta, not the cause. Try playing Widow or Hanzo, traditional picks in top ranks when you’re having two barriers shoved in your face. You can’t play flankers against Sigma/Orisa/Moira/Mei, you’re just gonna get screwed constantly. Doomfist ignores shields, so he’s being played more as a result.

Tracer isn’t gonna be picked more. Anyone who actually thinks this is kidding themselves.

Anyone who isnt picking tracer is out of their minds. With nerfs to shields, and nerfs to doomfist there is no reason you should be running doom. He will receive less shield gain, and his full charge will take more time. Why run him when you can run tracer. her current damage fall off range is 10 they upped it to 13 her counters only can reach up to 7 for their CC.

Dont see why no one would run tracer, her skill gap is no different than Doom.

Pick rate doesn’t equal win rate though. If everyone started to pick Torb, it doesn’t mean he is OP, just that people enjoy playing him.

Double barrier is unlikely to disappear even with these nerfs, so Doomfist will still be the ideal pick.

1 Like

Ok, i guess we will see. Depending on how easy doomfist is to kill once the changes go live. The most annoying part about him was the shield and how fast max charge was. Flankers werent really dead. At least not at my elo. Plus sym and other shield busters still exist and with sigma now having a 1 second cooldown o shield and orisa timer going up there leaves room for play.