Triple Damage Experiment Finished

Hey everyone, we’ve just concluded the Triple Damage test in Experimental mode and have turned off the card in-game.

Thank you for all your feedback about Triple Damage (1-3-2) in the Experimental mode over the past week. We’ve been reading through all of your thoughts, ideas, and feedback - its immensely helpful!

As Jeff mentioned previously, Experimental will come back at a later date for testing of other balance updates, rulesets, and game modes. For more information on the new Experimental mode, see our developer update or patch notes.

We appreciate everyone’s feedback and look forward to more Experimental tests in the future!

78 Likes

Will there be any other changes for 1-3-2? Like to supports or dps or is that it

Also I love the direction of using experiment cards, and look to the future as well!

16 Likes

It was fun. Looking forward to more in the near future!

29 Likes

Thank you for trying. Please don’t let the reactions to 3 damage - whatever those may be - dissuade you from different, future experiments.

36 Likes

While other tests will come to Experimental, our testing with the Triple Damage mode have concluded for the time being. The next time Experimental becomes available, it may be something entirely different.

65 Likes

Ok good to know, I look forward for more tests!

3 Likes

I’m curious- Now that the experimental test has concluded, can we expect a blizzard post on the conclusions gathered from it? Maybe get some gameplay stats on it? Hearing the takeaways and learning some of the statistics of how the changes impacted the mode would be a fascinating read, I’m sure. It’s always a treat when we get to hear about the kinds of stats that drive the game design decisions behind making/keeping changes.

80 Likes

Is an arcade mode for triple damage on the table or is it gone forever?

20 Likes

Bring Competitive Classic to the Experimental Card next!

6 Likes

Would you consider a modification of 321 to a flex-range?

Flex range allows players to play within a range of allowable roles. Once the maximum allowable range is reached the role can no longer be selected. For example, if 3 DPS are selected, other teammates cannot select further DPS until one of them swaps. If 2 tanks are selected, other teammates cannot select further tanks.

Heal minimum 2 maximum 3
Tank minimum 1 maximum 2
DPS minimum 1 maximum 3

a six stack can have all roles locked, or it can be fully flex, or it can have a combination of flex and locks to look like this
Flex DPS-Tank
Flex DPS-Tank
DPS
TANK
HEAL
HEAL

or any combination that allows the allowable range to be selected

That way you can start a game with 3-2-1, but if you get sniperwatch’d, you can swap to an extra wilson to jump on the pro widow

All that and it will still prevent GOATS because of 2 tank maximum.

16 Likes

Is there any chance we can get experimental mode settings in Custom Games? I’ve been wanting to test things out with the tank changes but it hasn’t been possible due to only being available in the experimental card.

Even if 1-3-2 never comes back, it would be nice to have the ability to test experimental changes in custom games. Especially for people wanting to do PUGs

5 Likes

Nooooo, 1-3-2 was only mode I’ve played since it came out! I was really hoping it would stick around longer (even though I know devs said it wouldn’t), at least as an arcade card.

22 Likes

Thanks for the experimental card! I think it was a cool idea and am looking forward to the next one.

Noooo, bring it back. I want to keep playing it forever.

22 Likes

I’m gonna miss it dearly. Are there any plans to make it a permanent mode?

18 Likes

This is some of the most fun Ive had as a tank player in Overwatch please keep this in the game as an option please please

21 Likes

I wish it had stayed around longer! I was disappointed to see it’s not longer around.

10 Likes

Clearly you havent because you didnt even bother to check if its possible

But then how do you balance the tanks?

If you balance them to work as solo tanks, they’ll be OP when duo.
If you balance them to work as duo tanks, they’ll be too weak solo.

4 Likes