Tried QPC for the first time since 2-2-2

Selective memory happens. It truly wasnt but “feelings” make your brain give a lot of importance to those matches. It is what it is :man_shrugging:

No not really, but denying that a HUGE portion of those supporters do say that would be denying reality mate. We can see it in dozens of threads here. Again, it is what it is.

So admitting bias, cool.

Then again that leads nowhere.
Theres people that uses knives to stab people, should we erase knives from the face of the earth? Same thing.

If you hate drinking alcohol and being around party/tipsy people, dont go to a Pub. Can you imagine someone specifically going to a pub and complaining about those things? its exactly what you are doing :rofl:

If i correctly read your post,you’re the reason why they had to force 2-2-2.
You locked what you wanted,could have switched but didn’t and was the main origin of that trash chaos you described…
To finish,you left because you didn’t assume what you created.
You’re one of the rare ones who trully deserve their queue time.
Btw,i play main tank and really enjoy solo tanking.

I feel that the only reason for this thread was to get validation from 2-2-2 supporters.

4 Likes

Yes, but not for the reason you came to.

I used to be the one who’d switch to support or tank for the team, when I actually wanted to play something else. I like being able to go into a game knowing what role I’ll play without having to think about if I should play something else after getting in to one.

1 Like

As someone who mains support but enjoys flexing, I love QPC.
Yes, Most game end up being a DPS fest, big surprise…
BUT not all games turn out to be this.
I miss this style of OW and almost solely play QPC nowadays.
Occasionally, I adopt the “If you can’t beat’um, join um” mentality and we’ve wiped with 6 dps before :joy:

1 Like

Just want to point out that even Jeff admitted that ‘1 Tank’ compositions happened the majority of the time…

He explicitly says that most of the time, people wouldn’t pick more than 1 tank in games. It wasn’t “rare” or they wouldn’t have thought implementing 2/2/2 was worth the effort and money. 1/4/1, 1/3/2 comps were the majority according to the guy with the numbers (outside of OWL play, which Jeff in the entirety of the post I quoted mentioned.)

Just thought I’d mention it in this thread discussing why 2/2/2 was implemented. OP, feel free to quote this bit in your topic to provide proof from Papa Jeff.

6 Likes

CQP is the same same thing as what OW was before 2-2-2.
Do you mean that you forced yourself playing a trash game for years?

Truth is that the old system was far more open to exploitation than the current one.

Sure, it still needs fixing, but the previous system was unacceptable for a game that aims to have a good competitive mode. Role queue is debatable for QP, but it was needed for competitive.

The problem is that people got used to it, and that’s why they react. If hero limits took 3 years to be implemented, be sure that you would have people claiming that it limits “creativity” and “freedom” too.

Who remembers no limits nowadays?

2 Likes

there are multiple differences between pre-222 qp and qp classic

I play QPC a lot mostly as target practice for aim intensive supports (lots of small, mobile heroes bouncing around to hit + more flanker pressure). I find, just as it was before RoleQ, most matches boil down to which team picks closest to 2-2-2. It’s wonderful being able to leave that mess and go back to guaranteed 2-2-2 at will.

Except the balance changes ,what are they please?

1 Like

The Devs seem to disagree and so do I with your statement.

QPC great role que is great. Dps que times in comp are slow. Thats my hadle on it.

You know that Triple DPS has only one tank right?
Let that sink in.

Also OW is very broad, QP has always been a jungle, and it is still a jungle.
In Competitive, most of the matches were 222 mate, otherwise they wouldnt implement it as a “forced” mode.

They are basically forcing the most used/balanced mode and eliminating the “rare” possible comps. The problem is that they also eliminate legit comps, like Triple DPS and the ability to switch roles with another player in game, which is basically solving 1 “problem” and creating 2 downsides.

In fact the Devs seem to agree with my statement pal, unless you are reading something else.
They tested 4-1-1 because it was the most rare outlier in competitive but very used in Quick Play.

Let me remind you all one thing:
When we complain about role queue, 99% of us DO NOT care about Quick Play (QPC exists), we are talking about Competitive Mode.

3 Likes

I can count, yes.

Jeff Kaplan himself explicitly stated that the majority of games had 1 tank. He stated that 3/2/1 compositions felt like earlier renditions of the game because that’s how most matches were played. Re-read his post.

Whether or not it is 4 DPS or 3 DPS is moot IMO. 2/2/2 was the rare composition according to him, and I am more inclined to believe the guy with the numbers than some randos on the forum.

5 Likes

I queued for QPC once several weeks ago. It was instantly 5 dps locked in. It’s classic for a reason. I just left before it even started and went back to QP.

Dont need to read the post buddy, I am the one that is contemplating the full extent of it. Let me remind you that you brought it up to support a stance that claims 4-5 DPS were the most common and that is not proven so yeah, debunked.

OOF.
First : That +1 DPS means a lot, in fact, it makes all the difference. Just like people claim 222 is great but triple DPS would be a disaster because of that extra DPS. Again, following a basic train of logic :man_shrugging:

Second: Never said 222 is the rare, in fact all logic points otherwise.
Like I posted before, they are implementing the most used version in competitive (because they want to end “chaos”) and that is 222.
Literally all logic points there dude, you are correlating and extrapolating the wrong conclussions with absolutely insufficient data.

Most teams I’ve gone up against in QPC ended up 2 2 2 or 1 3 2. They were all premades, probably trying for weekly wins.

I see WAY more gold, silver, and plat level portraits in QPC than in QP. Also the players seem more skilled and organized.

It’s funny because that’s what you should see in QP but instead it’s 2 people level 1 to 20 and then you can’t see the enemy team is a full premade so you get crushed.

So you insta-locked DPS, didn’t want to change, and have a problem with people being team players, in a team based game. Gotcha.

You are in fact the “other (who) kept locking what they wanted”. Irony.

Pre-QP/QPC isn’t/wasn’t the problem.

1 Like

Yep. 2-2-2 is good for the game. People who want it gone are seeing the past with rose-tinted glasses

As did everyone else.

As did everyone else.

It 100% was

1 Like

My problem with qpc is no one wins except for instalock DPS. In the rare event we did have two tanks or support someone was reluctantly flexing over to it. Then it’s right back to square one, people playing roles and hero’s they’d rather not, a constantly changing team comp during the match, throwers, leavers, the sole tank/heal switching to DPS once they saw no one else was flexing, all kinds of issues. And on top of it all it felt like the general teams mindset was less cooperative. With 3 or 4 dps they can run off and do their own thing and still have fun. But for 222 to really work well everyone has to buy in to the team and work together. Even DPS realize the games going to suck for them if they don’t help out the tanks/support.

Getting a quality game with no role que is a significantly bigger gamble than with 222.