Tried Comp Open Queue

So the thing is that they did happen, but you’re right in that they didn’t happen very often. People always exaggerate and remember the negative experiences. So if someone plays 20 games and only 3 of them had 3+ DPS, and they lost those three games, then suddenly 18 of those games had 4+ DPS and they lost every game.

1 Like

4 DPS however, was much more common and still a terrible comp.

It was not common at all, people just remember negative experiences more vividly.

2-2-2 was by far the most common team composition, as stated by the devs.

1 Like

I was tracking it at some point, and it was somewhere around 60-70% of my matches.
Everyone might not have had as bad matches, but I sure did.

2 Likes

They can keep it permanent but i rather have 2-2-2.

1 Like

This kinda sums up my feelings on the subject.

Rather 2-2-2 isn’t even needed if people go that comp if they want to anyway. AND you get to play other comps too, as well as swapping roles.

2 Likes

If that was the case then they would never have forced 222 in the first place.

No they still had to implement it because the people who play this game are a bunch of cry babies and at the time team comps are what everyone blames all their problems on.

that explains why i can get my dps roles so fast playing qp role queue

i mean, you could still do that while being in 1 role.

Need pure damage dps? play Mccree

Need an offtank? Play Mei

Need utility? Play sombra

etc.

Assuming you actually do know how to play different roles and heroes, there’s no reason why one tricks wouldve actually have been a problem.

1 Like

5 dps was rare, but 3-4 dps with a solo healer wasn’t too strange.

1 Like

It is beyond comical that people don’t remember how Overwatch used to be or how quickplay classic is. People generally run 2-2-2 anyway or the comps are stupid for the average player. There will be a lot of higher level players who can take advantage of being able to pick whatever, but for the average player?

Cmon bruh.

1 Like

I’m really glad they added it. The quality of the games are straight garbage sometimes, but it’s a fun experience. I play a lot of tanks, and I’m really getting sick of it but don’t want to wait 10 minutes for DPS. So this is perfect for me lol

This displays a lack of understanding of how flex works.

What if the issue is not single source pure damage? What if the issue overall is your TEAM is not doing enough damage? I would rather swap off DPS and go Zen to enhance the damage of my entire team while still helping in the damage pool myself.

What if we also need some additional heals? Brig is a great choice locked away.

What if the utility we need is consistent speed and crowd control? Lucio is the option there.

The point I am making is flex players can certainly make role lock work to a bearable level but the problem still is very much that we practice PRECISION hero choices and want all our tools.

It’s like sending a plumber on a job with only duct tape and a hammer and expecting him to do a quality job fixing a pipe leak. Sure I can do a stop gape measure but what I really needed was my full toolbox.

2 Likes

this will be the only time mercy will be relevant because people will run 3 tank 3 healer comps.and the damage boost will be helpful.

Open Queue will have to be the direction for OW2. No matter how much better RQ is, you can’t sell these wait times. We are going back one way or another, accept it.

My biggest problem is it having hero bans. Makes no sense at all.

Just gonna do placements and then hope this horrible memory goes away.

I’d rather wait 10 minutes in Diamond Support queue than ever struggle without Role Queue again…

2 Likes

That “creativity” of tank/supports thinking they are better at dps and then swapping usually meant instant loss due to it. It was extremely rare that it actually worked out, and it was why i stopped playing comp for several seasons before 2-2-2 came and made the games fun again.

2 Likes