Trickle down meta isn't real

I can dream!! Also putting just the projectile speed change on the PTR for now seems entirely reasonable to me…

Hey Jeff, i know Mei has been buffed but she never saw the light of meta as far as i know. How much time all Mei-ns need to wait to see her free of bugs (cryofreeze favoring the shooter, drone disappears if you die or get stunned while the drone is flying), with the ultimate made more consistent and in general more useful and less situational?

3 Likes

No Reaper on this list XP

2 Likes

Trickle down comps might be the same but definitely not played the same. Its rough …

Looking at the pickrates, she skyrocketed in usage upon the buffs release and is already falling. It will stablize at a better pick rate and winrate than she has had, but she won’t be a must pick.

That’s good because she was near the bottom (or was the actual bottom) for most tiers.

Gee, I miss the days when D.Va was the worst tank hero in the game… when Reinhardt was more popular… when Dive wasn’t so good… when I didn’t have to hear Little Miss Waifu Bait’s hideous voice everywhere I go…

-SoaringEagle :eagle::it:

9 Likes

Jeff just took you the cleaners and even gave you a second wash lmao.

You will NEVER be able to use anecdotal evidence around here to try and support some made up claim. Blizzard has more data than anyone on these forums could imagine.

5 Likes

Big Daddy Jeff just made a comment! Time for a 10 minute Stylosa video!

But anyway, Jessicka, people play a lot of all those heroes that you just mentioned in mid ranks. It’s just the extreme low ranks that people play the conditional heroes you mentioned, generally on maps they aren’t that great on, like Symm on Numbani, Torb on Lijang, or generally playing Doomfist anywhere.

Trickle down meta is a thing. People watch pro players play and it inspires them. People see Pine play McCree and want to up their game, just as people saw Flow3r’s Widow and got the bravery to pull it off themselves. Seagull’s Hanzo, Chipsa’s Doomfist, so on so forth. It’s simply unavoidable, and yes, just as real as trickle down economics.

“This is the worst state DVa has been in since launch”

LUL

13 Likes

buff roadhog
make hook cooldown 6 seconds

Funny seeing D.Va so high up at every tier. Even though her amazing enabler Winston does not appear in the top ten until Masters and never cracks the Top 5. Can we talk about it yet?

5 Likes

Yanno, It just might be time to

NERF THIS!

10 Likes

Thanks for posting the stats.

It’s interesting to see where they diverge from Overbuff either the two stats are looking at different things or Overbuff appears to be hitting some sampling issues Overbuff’s data appears to be showing far more Winston and far less Mercy than the real stats at the top and at the bottom we’ve got more Zen listed and less Ana than the real stats.

2 Likes

I disagree, shadow step is still pretty buggy and semi-useless outside of reaching high ground, and it makes him a sitting duck for like 5 seconds.

4 Likes

Notice that because of the game design no matter what you think you see you tend to have similar comps. The hero distribution is just that higher tiers tend to play more tanks because the strongest heroes in the game are dva, roadhog, and hard healer. If they have dva hard healer and you don’t its almost a guaranteed autoloss. If the enemy team does anything cute the only way to stop cute is with dva. They have symmetra, no chance unless you have massive numbers of tanks and an ultimate like d.va bomb or tracer bomb to deal with shield gen. His choice to frame an argument this way is his way of hiding the huge discrepancies in balance.

You still play certain maps way more than others like anubis a tiny map at one choke is still played more than larger maps like eichenwalde or blizzard world. Mccree is too weak, basically useless in all tiers and often pros swap off him in streams. Junkrat/sym shield gen are still pretty broken. Bastion/orisa is still super broken on the maps that you rarely get to play. (instead being forced to play 2cp a billion times) and this reply is an attempt to hide these issues.

2 Likes

Look how over-shadowed is Rein by Orisa man.

He appears in top10 from Bronze to Diamond and Orisa appears…wait, where is she?

11 Likes

This list is total BS. A bronze game without hanzo? And I’ve seen Ana picked like 2 times in bronze. Nice try though.

Why is Ana used more than Zen in the lowest ranks? Zen is a hell of a lot easier to get decent value out of even if your aim is poor. His win rate on Overbuff is way higher for a reason.

Could be a time spent issue, like what counts as a game played could mean it requires a minimum like 2 minutes to count as a game played.

1 Like

Despite her being pretty popular, i never felt like she is OP or anything, but then again i mainly play Sombra. :wink: