Trickle down meta isn't real

Tracer doesn’t make an appearance until Diamond.

Funny to see D.Va is a top pick in every tier.

16 Likes

Uh-oh there you go again with facts and stuff…

4 Likes

A good video on trickle down balanance.
youtubeDOTcom/ watch?v=X1p42KtZOCw

1 Like

I see that the Mei changes has helped /s

(please help her.)

15 Likes

Actually, she is. That’s why she’s used so often. There’s more to picking a hero than just “OP-ness” as you claim. Mobility is king on most maps, D.Va has that in spades. She provides a lot of utility and overall she’s fairly forgiving, thus her usage at lower tiers.

20 Likes

Oh great NOW we see why Ana isn’t getting any buff

Because people play her even if they don’t win

Lololol okay

Isn’t even top 10 in GM? Every other support is except the “high skill” support? Totally fine. =_=

19 Likes

Really interesting.

Funny how mc cree and Zen doesn’t come around until plat. No escape options and precision controls causes most in lower ranjkings to tap out using them.

Guess I was wrong about hog months ago, he’s still useful. Also surprised there aren’t more Orisa’s. But its hard to handle people up close to you with her compared to dva, rien, and road

6 Likes

YEAH JEFF, NOTICE HOW REAPER ISN’T IN ANY? srsly tho buff him plz, or at least give us a blue (orange?) post

#BuffReaperNOW

7 Likes

all 26 heroes must be in top 10!!!

Classic, it doesn’t make any sense.

25 Likes

Is nice to see this back up what I am saying about how different heroes are used at different ranks.

Sure there are some ubiquitous heroes like Moira and DVa, but the DPS change significantly and there is some changes from Rein to Winston, and Zen rising up in heals.

I look forward to this post being made into an article to fill my FB feed in the morning. :grinning:

Any more news on Hanzo? Can we see his increased projectile speed on the PTR now so that us Hanzo mains can see what it’s like before the rest of the rework is ready?

1 Like

Can’t tell if dva is broken or if no one likes main tanks so they pretend DM is sufficient

8 Likes

Gaming communities gravitate towards the easiest way to win, always. Fighting games, shooters, racing games, it doesn’t matter the genre. Most people will pick the best hero there is because everyone likes winning, and there’s not much of a reason to put yourself at a disadvantage.

3 Likes

Geoff just mentioned recently that there arent any news on Hanzo yet.

Sombra in Competitive, across all brackets according to Overbuff:

Past 6 Months
Pickrate: 0.58%
Pickrate rank: #26 (last)
Winrate: 45.40%
Winrate rank: #25 (second last)

Past 7 Days
Pickrate: 1.73%
Pickrate rank: #21
Winrate: 50.05%
Winrate rank: #19

Seems like the changes have had a positive effect on Sombra but not enough to make her a favourable choice for 99% of players. She is still in the bottom third of heroes for pickrate and winrate when looking at all brackets collectively.

Her numbers look a lot better at the GM level with her winrates in that bracket just below Widowmaker and Mercy and just above Pharah and Junkrat. Her pickrates have increased as well, being picked about as often as Widowmaker, but still significantly less than Genji (1.7x more picked) and Tracer (2.3x more picked).

6 Likes

I can dream!! Also putting just the projectile speed change on the PTR for now seems entirely reasonable to me…

Hey Jeff, i know Mei has been buffed but she never saw the light of meta as far as i know. How much time all Mei-ns need to wait to see her free of bugs (cryofreeze favoring the shooter, drone disappears if you die or get stunned while the drone is flying), with the ultimate made more consistent and in general more useful and less situational?

3 Likes

No Reaper on this list XP

2 Likes

Trickle down comps might be the same but definitely not played the same. Its rough …

Looking at the pickrates, she skyrocketed in usage upon the buffs release and is already falling. It will stablize at a better pick rate and winrate than she has had, but she won’t be a must pick.

That’s good because she was near the bottom (or was the actual bottom) for most tiers.