Treatment of mercy players borders on abuse

Wellllll, there’s this stereotype that those who main Mercy can’t play anything else hence why they call us trash one tricks🤷🏻‍♂️.

2 Likes

You were literally in a thread earlier trying to dogpile me with a bunch of other mercy mains, even with video evidence proving your point wrong.

I don’t agree with people calling mercy main cultists, but you can’t seriously deny you don’t gang up on anyone who even mentioned mercy’s name the wrong way in these forums

17 Likes

You mean, I was disagreeing with you? And after that I ended up verbally assaulting myself?

Firstly, I operate on my own. It’s up to people if they join in or not. Secondly, I’ve never started an argument because someone pronounced Mercy’s name wrong…

3 Likes

wasnt it a mercy main who started the cult discussion…

2 Likes

Nope. Some guy who was doing theology in school or smthin. Said we function like a cult and even made a thread about it.

3 Likes

ye and he is a mercy main…

Is he? Lmao I need to check this.

What’s going on in-

-nevermind.

7 Likes

Trust, you take it way beyond disagreeing.

3 Likes

You say that but we go into their threads to show that their opinion of mercy is wrong. No one likes being told what they believe is wrong no matter what.

I can also say mercy old mega thread is a pristine example of this. I have been there where someone has said their opinion of she needed nerfs and she needed more and people have downright grouped up and done the exact thing.

Again there’s is little difference. We go into threads full of players with the same opinions telling them no, you are wrong mercy needed this or should have this. They are grouped up naturally being in the thread what do you expect? Them all to agree and be like yeah you’re right. (It’s the exact same thing for the mercy mega thread)

Like I said we dish it out just as much as we take and if you’re not prepared to accept that I suggest you don’t make threads explaining abuse when you’re being blind to the abuse mercy players give out on a daily basis.

I’m here for a equal sided viewpoint not biased viewpoints and that’s why not many people enjoy reading my replies but I’ll say I’m not attacking you and I’m not trying to offend you.

5 Likes

well a stereotype must have some truth to it if gets widespread

had plenty of mercy players that never swap when asked to and has only mercy on their playtime

not everyone but many are

7 Likes

No he’s not. He’s in gold and he mains Orisa…

Passion. Sorry if I hurt you in any way. I apologize. I can confidently say however that I don’t gang up on people :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That we can’t play other heroes? Yeah, not true.

2 Likes

Again while there is truth to that mercy players receive in game and in forums insults that are intended to hurt the person and not just say “you are wrong” it often devolves into actual bullying and insulting the player.

2 Likes

not saying you but many were like that especially before brigitte and moira was released

Stylosa, even though I dislike him, made a good point on that. Mercy’s skillset isn’t very transferable, and there isn’t another hero that fills her exact playstyle, so people who play OW for Mercy, really don’t have another hero that they can enjoy as much, so many just stick to her :man_shrugging:

Again ive seen mercy players insult with intent to harm someone. WE are no different and people hate us just as much if we act like entitled babies who can’t take when we give it. We are a community of mercy players. We are responsible for what we all say and do. If someone whose a mercy main is going to be hateful then that will leave a bad mark on every mercy player.

4 Likes

It’s probably because people are getting fairly tired of the spam. Also I’ve seen the Mercy players say some downright nasty things about anyone who disagrees with them as well. It’s a two way street, my friend.

8 Likes

And there are a lot of tracer one tricks that don’t get toxic insults hurled at them. What’s your point?

1 Like

Have you tried playing Torb or Hanzo (pre buff)?

1 Like