Tracer's Backstory Is Unrealistic (Edit: Only makes sense if Tracer was "Royality".)

game is set in future times

Honestly with how things have change in 50 years… not that far yet.

You are making an assumption that how things work in the military now is how they will work about I believe 55 years from now. That is a massive assumption that seems unlikely to hold up.

Well, first:
Blizzard can make the RAF fifty years in the future pretty much however they want.

Second:
Every playable character in Overwatch is supposed to be “exceptional”–this is also why “Mary Sue” arguments don’t really work. They’re meant to be unique individuals who have unique abilities, skills, or opportunities. If one can suspend one’s disbelief on D.Va, I fail to see why Tracer’s out of the question.

1 Like

Yeah because those 2 things are logical in this world. they are explained by the lore. This isnt. Unless we get a new animated short,

“The regulations for flight training in the uk”

They don’t need to do that at all; it’s implied in the world building by Tracer existing. Did we need a backstory for every vehicle having floaty technology because that’s not feasible today? Or them making a time-travelling plane?

3 Likes

It was a joke. But actually now that you mention it, I also want “Overwatch animated short: How cars are made.”

2 Likes

How It’s Made is canon to overwatch!

1 Like

The only thing that isnt cannon to overwatch is how to plant grass, because there is no grass.

I mean you can make people believe the impossible but not the improbable.

No no no, if the Omnic crisis is anything like WW2 then pilots would be young and certainly not posh.

I recall an actor (pretty sure it was David Niven) who later played a WW2 fighter pilot in a movie made in the 1960’s, I remember him being quoted as saying the movie he was in was quite unrealistic all the cast being actors in their 30’s and some in their 40’s. He recalled there was a high proportion of teenagers in Spitfires fighting the Luftwaffe.

That’s because it was a bloody war!

In the war you need lots of planes, lots of pilots and you ditch the stuffy class requirements for getting a foot in the door.

Nowadays, fighter pilots are almost exclusively officers and in the UK, yes, Officers are overwhelmingly older and much more “upper class”.

But it’s a huge difference that in the OW universe there’s a massive global conflict on the scale of WW2.

1 Like

Add it to the check list of Mary Sue list.

It’s just the RAF, not the Navy Seals.

https://i.imgur.com/qi8N1rM.png

(Don’t worry, mods, I censored it to avoid being banned. XD)

3 Likes

Tracer would actually be funnier if this was her personality.

1 Like