Tracer shouldn’t be able to one clip a 200 hp hero

There. I said it.

She has her pulse bomb if she needs to assasinate a target, like a cheese comp with a Bastion. I don’t want a massive nerf to her damage — maybe 170-180 damage with a full clip.

She shouldn’t be as lethal as she is. She should be more of a pest — if left unchecked, her damage should slowly eat at your health. If she’s trying to kill a Zenyatta or Ana, it’s not like a small 170-180 damage nerf will completely change her life — it’s just so that she isn’t incredibly lethal and dangerous in every situation. Plus, if you do pull off the full clip, then all you need is a melee.

Edit: There’s no stopping hostility on this forum, but not once did I ever blame Tracer for any of my problems, nor did I call her OP. I don’t believe she’s the reason I’m in silver, and I’m not ashamed of being in silver. It’s not like the forum needs to hear it, but I’m mostly in silver because I play casually, and again, I’m not ashamed of that. Overwatch is my first FPS.

The main reason for me, is that Tracer can operate at incredibly lethal speeds with minimal space needed to be created by her tanks. A hero like Reaper needs so much more space to even compare to what Tracer can do.

Frankly, I have played a bit of Tracer just to understand her. I know that even 20-30 damage is enough to get her to back off potentially, and just stray damage is very hard on her health. I acknowledge her flaws.

112 Likes

Why shouldn’t a flanker be able to kill her primary target in about a second given great accuracy? That’s not even some impressive time, a lot of heroes have much lower TTKs. Junkrat can kill a 200hp hero in less than 0.2 seconds with his nade+mine combo. The effective range of it is pretty close to Tracer’s required range for one clipping. Should we then nerf Junkrat’s damage by 25%? You do realize you’re asking for a 25% damage nerf without ever even specifying why a nerf is even needed? Remember the patch that sent Soldier from trash tier to OP? That was a 15% damage increase. You’re asking for almost twice more of a swing. Why?

65 Likes

Because due to her capabilities in general it makes her overpowered. That is why a lot of people want a nerf for her, Tracer is a bit too strong and it shows.

47 Likes

Diva,Genju,Roadhog,Brigette,McCree,Junkrat- kill Tracer with one shot combo in less than 1 second. They should not be able to do this so what is your point?

8 Likes

But that’s not an argument. “Her capabilities make her OP” is a cop out. Why was she not OP nor even meta before dive then? She has received no buffs since then. Her counters have only received buffs since then. Why was she mediocre before but strong now? She can one clip the same squishies now as she could then. She has the same mobility. Claiming a hero is OP by just listing their kit is not a balance discussion, it’s just faking an attempt at reasoning.

28 Likes

Have you tried fighting back or strafing

16 Likes

Who said she wasnt? she was and has always been. Perhaps you werent around then but people have always complained about Tracer, its just more evident now due to a number of reasons. Tracer is literally the most debated hero in OW when it comes to balance, the only reason she hasnt been touched is because Blizzard has a clear bias in her favor that has shown many times since the game released.

7 Likes

Nope Genju is more Debated and more sought out to be Nerfed or balanced. He has a broken Deflect box and Hit box that Pros, Mains and everyone has agreed makes him the most Obnoxious character to play against. He is by far worse than tracer by a mile. Tracer can be countered but you have put hrs in her to find her weak spots and they she has tons.

3 Likes

Who said she wasn’t? Anyone that has been following the game seriously since release. You’re free to go watch older pro matches if you want, Tracer is rarely played until dive meta starts. Or she was OP but the best players in the world were simply not as good as the forum posters so they didn’t realize.

11 Likes

do you have so good tracers at psn gold tier? man i suck!!

5 Likes

Lucio is capable of one-shotting 6 people on a 4 second cooldown.

Widow is capable of shutting teams down completely.

Mercy is capable of 1v6ing with her pistol.

In reality, these are really rare and require enormous amounts of gamesense and skill to pull off.

8 Likes

Because of her survivability.

Why should such a mobile, safe character be able to one clip anyone?

7 Likes

If we counted the amount of threads for both heroes i promise you that Tracer will win over Genji. Both are problematic but Tracer easily takes the cake and there will be many many more threads about her in the future unless Blizzard finally realized they have to do something.

2 Likes

This is untrue, i’ve played OW since closed beta came out, Tracer is literally the most debated hero.

1 Like

“Survivability”

Supposed to be in the enemy backline with 150 HP and a 3 second rewind on a 12 second cooldown. And most pros rarely get a one clip off in a pro match.

4 Likes

she is the same since launch and until s4 not a single player was complaining about her. she was also off-meta more than mei is now.

4 Likes

Yeah, so debated when people were calling her underpowered during the tank meta.

hmm… yeah, sure…

Great point. Let’s cut Soldier’s damage by 25% then. Why should a hero that can self heal and doesn’t need to be close at all be able to kill a squishy in a quarter of a second?

Are you sure you’re not just making up arguments against Tracer?

Most debated and OP are not the same thing. Like, at all. Those two things have nothing to do with each other. Something cannot be OP if something else is better. And Tracer was not meta ever until dive meta started (considering only 1 hero limit here). How was Tracer OP in beyblade? Or when McCree-Mei was the go to DPS duo in pro play? Or in triple tank? Or on release when Widow could quick scope? Or when FtH did full damage?

13 Likes

Yes, sure. They are all technically possible if the enemy has bad awareness and you have a lot of skill. Just like pulling off a one clip. Usually, pros get shut down when they attempt it.

2 Likes